Author Topic: GreatShift  (Read 4321 times)

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
GreatShift
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:51:18 am »
Here is what Bonifarzia earlier announced, we called it GreatShift!
GreatShift is now the new home of all stuff made by Boni and me (BoNeeMods, BoniMaps and some code-mods).
Have fun while poking around on this brand new website!

Don't hesitate with your critique, even when its bad!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 12:05:07 pm by Neeno »

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
Re: GreatShift
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:11:39 am »
Love it  \\o//

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:32:42 pm »
The new header of the BoNeeMods gives some more information about this.

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:44:56 am »
I am proud to present you the first version of PSExtended today.
It is the biggest modification you have ever seen in the history of PlaneShift!
If you are curious what it is about, take a look at this page.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:33:17 am »
I am proud to present you the first version of PSExtended today.

As some of you may have noticed, Neeno has made some major efforts to improve and enhance the mods that I once started as the BoniSkin. Eager to fix quirks he could not tackle without altering the sources, he committed quite a few bug reports and patches on flypsray. After a while he collected and documented most of his patches and mods on the greatshift website, which was later mentioned as an example of good modding practice on the corresponding page  of the devs wiki. With his PSextended project, he is now trying to make various useful patches more accessible to windows users, as compiling from the sources on that platform is quite a tedious process. The package includes some of his earlier work, like the loot all button or mod loader, and some popular other patches like a spellchecker or search filters. He also packed a bunch of new features, such as a reworked storage window that should be pretty useful for the tradesmen out there. I am convinced that none of the mods grant unfair advantages or show any other form of abuse. The binaries he provides will only work as an addition to an existing install of PlaneShift. A repair should always be a simple and save way to undo all changes.

That is all I have to say for now.
Thanks for your efforts, Neeno!

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:48:57 am »
Update for PSExtended to version 1.0.1 due to official release of PS 0.5.9.10

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 06:27:02 am »
Returning to PS after a long absence, must say this is amazing. Currently running PSExtended 1.0.1 do I also need to apply the patch, or is that an update for earlier versions?

Thank you.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 08:10:34 am »

I am not sure if I got the question right. The patch is meant to be used in conjunction with the art package if you can and want to compile from the sources. If you can run precompiled binaries for your system, the corresponding zip package or installer should be all you need, e.g. the content of the x64 zip can be dumped on top of a win 64 bit install of PS. For each of the mentioned packages, there is also a development version (1.1RC4) with some additional features and binaries based on a more recent revision than for psextended 1.1.
I hope that helps... otherwise Neeno will know the answer ;)

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 03:25:39 am »
Thanks a lot. I get it now. I'm using the 64 bit installer on Windows 8. Works a treat. This is a remarkable resource.

Levrus Dahrenn

Irelander

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 12:34:08 am »
Thanks for a great resource!

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 02:09:58 am »
Boni, you explained it right (almost  :P).
You can use the "art package" (actually a skin package) if you want to play with additional skins in PSExtended. It is not tied to the patch which you only need for self compiling.

Happy to see some more feedback here!  \\o//

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:23:34 pm »
With a major update on the way should users do anything special before updating? Will the updater try a "repair" for example? Should we back up folders, or use the standard PS tactic of "suck it, and see if it goes bang!"

Levrus Dahrenn

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »
Anything with is updated, art folders, chat defaults, the client, and pslaunch will be over written. Or, will be repaired by the update as they are seen as wrong. But you should be careful when just replacing the current mods you have with the new client as they might not work any more. It was also mentioned that some of the code changes in the mod might be added into this release. I'm not sure how serious that comment was but it has been something I've asked Talad about adding, and I expect it will depend on how busy the coders get.

One thing is for certain is that if the skins which come with psextended are not updated they will not work with the new client. We had an internal copy of the Wanderers skin which worked with the new changes and we were going to release along with the changes. But there have been more changes since then so might need to be looked at again. I'll look at making sure that works for this release correctly (or try to).

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 05:45:39 pm »
I just tested the Wanderers skin I have and it still works with all the new UI changes. If anyone wants a copy of it now I can give it to them.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »
Windows 8.1 didn't want to install it, but there is the option to do it anyway. You need to click on the MORE button to get it to install.

Cons: I had to reset everything including all my hot keys.
         I seem to have a little more lag.

Pros: It looks great and I can get through the load zones much better.