Author Topic: GreatShift  (Read 4317 times)

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
Re: GreatShift
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 03:34:27 am »
@cdmoreland
PSExtended includes a big change to the configuration system.
If you used the installer, there is a backup of your old PS profile, so you can reuse almost all files. They only changed the directory. In the "ReadMeExt.txt" (contained in the installer or 7z-pack) everything is described.
There is no problem to get back the old shortcuts.

Lag issue:
Maybe you should close the minimap window. It is very resource hungry...

@Imshi
I am following the code changes on svn carefully and i released a version 1.1 RC4 some weeks ago.
So you see, i am prepared for the the major update of PS. But i don't have access to the new art files of the skin (if there are some).
It would take one or two days to make some adjustments then. Just be patient and wait on my announcement. That day i will explain the update procedure too (have to check some stuff first).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 03:39:00 am by Neeno »

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 05:14:37 am »
There are no updates for 'art' in the new skins. Just code base so you just need to make sure the *.xml files are compatible  :thumbup:

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 05:19:25 am »
I had to reset everything including all my hot keys.
As Neeno already pointed out, it is important to move your setting files (like controls.cfg) and logs after having applied the mods and launched psextended for the first time. You will notice user data folders per character, and you can just dump your old files accordingly. Yes, that part seems annoying, but separate files per character can be nice to have.
[...]  I seem to have a little more lag [...] and I can get through the load zones much better.
This can be a result of having (re-)moved the shadercache. Actually, I find myself deleting said cache file frequently to speed up my loading times, which does not really make sense, but turns out to work well.

Venalan: Thanks for your support :)

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 01:36:38 pm »
Thanks Neeno. Patience isn't a problem, this mod/resource is so good it's worth waiting for. I practice the ancient Cornish art of "Dreckly", bit like "manana" without the same sense of urgency :)

As Bonifarzia said the ability to have shortcuts etc saved to individual characters is invaluable. I no longer have to copy and paste backups to each character when I log them.They are ready to go.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 01:40:43 pm »
It wasn't a complaint, I was pointing it out for others. Guess I should read the manual.  :P

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »
I can point out that in the 0.6 release character specific shortcuts will be fully supported as default.

When you first load a character the game will generate a shortcuts_name.xml and controls_name.xml using the current shortcuts.xml and controls.xml files. Then once in game if you edit anything they are saved specifically to the *_name.xml file.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »
Ok, I can confirm that the WanderersExt.zip skin which comes with this mod DOES work with the new client.

I just tested it with the dev client before we release. I am somewhat surprised that it still works ok, so I would add, if it crashes for you when you load the game use the deafult one for the time being.

EDIT: elvesext.zip seems to work too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:24:20 pm by Venalan »

Lusserall

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Wanderers
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »
The WanderersExt.zip and elvesext.zip skins from greatshift do not hold the modified xml files thats why they still work.
For original wanders skin/mod just use trunk skin/mod for now or remove shortcutwindow.xml from the package.

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 04:33:23 am »
The new PSExtended 1.1 is ready!
It is based on PlaneShift 0.6.0. (surprisingly  ;))
If you are updating from an old PSExtended version, i suggest to create a new profile folder, so you can check out PSExtended's default settings (e.g. ChatWindow text coloration).
With this version the profile's character folder name changed to the first name of your PlaneShift character. So don't be shocked, your settings are not gone. Just change that folder name.

Updating:
  • Run the PSLaunch's update function with the following repair procedure
  • Install PSExtended or just overwrite everything with the 7-zip package

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 01:22:22 pm »
Many thanks, works a treat. I updated to 0.6.0. yesterday but backed up all the folders. Simply copied them over again after installing PSExtended 1.1.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53:09 am »
Are there already plans for a Mac OSX version?

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 04:45:16 am »
As long as nobody tries to compile it and send me the binaries i am not able to provide a MacOSX version to everyone.
I simply don't own a Mac, so i am dependent on someone's help.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 06:00:54 am »
I'll see what I can do, but no promises...
__

If there are Linux build scripts, it is probably possible. Now I am not certain how much outdated the generic PS Compiling Guilde is. For Windows, it used to be stuck on MSVS2005 for a long time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:42:19 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »
Great that LigH is willing to look into it, König Feurio will be happy!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 03:24:23 am »
It may be harder than expected. The "Compiling Guide" is hopelessly outdated. The friend who tried to build the client from SVN sources failed compiling at some testing units. The "only" developer left who knows how to build and package the Mac client is not in the mood to spend any time for updating its documentation (and knowing how he was treated, I don't blame him).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty