Author Topic: GreatShift  (Read 4319 times)

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
Re: GreatShift
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2016, 11:38:05 am »
I am not sure what could be wrong. I use always:
Code: [Select]
patch < file.patch
Last year I set up a GitLab repository for PSExtended. If you are still having problems, get the code from there.

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 03:30:07 am »
PSExtended 1.4 is ready!
This is the first release with Mac OS X binaries.
@Windows users: The installer has been completely rewritte. So read carefully!

Kanuby

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 09:13:50 pm »
Looking for some noob help getting this work in Linux.  I've download the Linux archive file and extracted in my downloads folder.  Do I need to just copy/merge the new files from the archive to the PlaneShift folder?
I gave that a try and launched pslaunch that is existing on the desktop, hoping that maybe I could get the Repair option that would create all the new directories, but pslaunch didn't want to launch.  I reverted back to the original (non-mod merged files) and the original stuff works.
Just need the boost on how to get the PSExtended1.4 working in Linux - any help will be appreciated.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 07:41:23 am »
I'd recommend to keep a copy of the regular client anyway, just in case there is a problem with future updates.
I guess you can just dump the package from the tarball on top of the copied install, but I have not tested this on linux myself.
Neeno's new installer for windows does pretty much the same. (If you don't have a PS install, it can also fetch the missing files from the update server, but that's done by the pse installer, not by pslaunch.)

B.t.w, Neeno has also published a detailed compiling guide for ps-extended on OSX - might be useful also for those who want to compile the official client on that OS.

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 11:01:07 am »
Like Boni said, the best way is to create a copy of you existing PS installation and then overwrite everything in that directory with the files from the archive.
The problem could be that some libraries are missing. Please post the console output after running "./pslaunch".

Kanuby

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »
Looks like there are missing files

:/opt/PlaneShift$ ./pslaunch

./pslaunch.bin: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./pslaunch.bin)
./pslaunch.bin: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by libs/libcrystalspace-2.1.so)
./pslaunch.bin: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by libs/libcrystalspace-2.1.so)

I guess I was hoping that if I could get into the launcher, everything would be grabbed and placed correctly like install on Windows (which works great).

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:27 am »

Ravna

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2016, 05:57:33 am »

Yep, you probably do not have the required version of GLIBC installed on that system *or* you have multiple versions of it and it picks the wrong one.

On windows it most likely works because you have the MSVC++ Redistributable package installed for the right version.

The solution on Linux would probably be to either install the right version or to put a reference to the right version in your path, however, which of the two depends on the exact problem, and "how" might depend on which specific OS you are running on. Regardless, I think my Linux knowledge is not good enough for that. Neeno might know the answer though. :)
Find me on IRC if you need me, don't use pms.

Kanuby

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:48 pm »
The saga continues
I'm able to get the launcher to open - yay!!!  But the client doesn't start - boo.

I ran a strings command and saw that I was missing the 3.4.20 and 3.4.21 files
Grabbed the latest libstdc++
Install some ppa (still not sure what that is)
Did an update and an upgrade
pslauncher starts

When I run ./psclient i get some scary looking message that includes:  version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

I think that Google and I will be spending another evening together tomorrow.

I really should have this linux machine taken away from me since I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing - lol

Thanks for all the help so far, if I figure this out, I'll add another chapter - cheers

Neeno

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • GreatShift
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2016, 01:45:51 pm »
I've added the "libstdc++.so.6" of my system to the linux archive now. Please try again.
If it's still not working, tell me the distribution you are running.

Kanuby

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »
Good news - Bad news
Bad news:  Google is not happy that we do not get to spend time together searching to fix this issue because Neeno's update did the trick
Good news:  Able to run the PSExtended to get into PS.  Found the hidden .PSExtended folder, copying character folders from one machine to the other.

THANK YOU very much!!!!!!!!

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:19 am »
When you copy over config files, such as shortcuts and binds, have a look at the README.txt. Some files are in slightly different subfolders. (That's because greatshift supported separate files per character before the official client did, and still uses its own conventions for this.)

Eleirit Kcelmien

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »
Ill have a copy