Author Topic: Art: Attribution Creative Commons License ?  (Read 466 times)

lbalbalba

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Art: Attribution Creative Commons License ?
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:10 pm »
Hi,

Ive been considering to contribute art efforts to this game. However, I really do not like the fact that *my* art will become the property of Atomic Blue (or any company, really).  What I am really looking for is, at the very least:

I supply my art, and whoever uses it can use it in any way they want but must at the very least mention my name creating the (original/source) content. Would something like that be possible for creating 'art' for planeshift ?

Regards,

John Smith.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Art: Attribution Creative Commons License ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »
I fully understand what you mean. Developers of planeshift don't allow such kind of content because they want to prevent forks of the game with the same art. So in essence they require authors to give up their rights on the artistic content. It turns off many potential contributors it seems, but what can you do - it's their decision.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:43:44 pm »
If you provide art to us, you will be mentioned in the credits of the game and you will be able to use your art as portfolio. So I think this satsfies your request.

Lusserall

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Wanderers
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:56:14 am »
If you provide art to us, you will be mentioned in the credits of the game and you will be able to use your art as portfolio. So I think this satsfies your request.
The art will become the property of Atomic Blue and you can't use it in any way you want so how does that satisfy the request?