Author Topic: How to have at least 600 shortcuts in your shortcut window.  (Read 625 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
How to have at least 600 shortcuts in your shortcut window.
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:08 pm »
I don't know if any of you have reached a position when the number of shortcuts you have is not enough for you so you have multiple copies you switch between.

BUT...

For those of you willing to manually edit your shortcut...xml file you can manually add as many new shortcuts as you want. I currently have my client running with 600, so I -think- this number is safe to have.

WARNING!!!!
This is unsupported and could very well crash your client so be warned.

To use it is very simple.

• Open your shortcutcommands_NAME.xml file
  • Go to the bottom and if you have all your shortcuts full you can add <shortcut257 name="some name here">/some command here</shortcut257>
  • Then add <shortcut258 name="some name here">/some command here</shortcut258>
  • Then <shortcut259 name="some name here">/some command here</shortcut259>
  • etc....

Enjoy.

Venalan.

raessol

• Wayfarer
  • I am a being as anybody.
    • View Profile
    • Gravatar
Re: How to have at least 600 shortcuts in your shortcut window.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:01:01 pm »
Great, it's something you really want to do, but I still do not think he has the ability to occupy the 600 possible actions, but I have to develop the skills to occupy all, but at least I'll have more chances without removing some that are me even useful. :thumbup: ;D :woot: :thumbup:

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:49 pm »
Some people use shortcuts for dialog, emotes and descriptive passages. You could easily fill up 600 just in giving sermons officiating events and whatnot.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:33:21 am »
thanks for this- yeah Bilbous I use mine when officiating, like the Xiosia Celebration... so they are quite dense . As we were talking in gossip the other night, too, I don't seem to have even enough for all my spells, so I was wishing I could stack a few spells, such as a draining spell, then a freezing spell, then the killer attack. But I couldn't figure out if that's even possible. Asmo had some helpful ideas, but neither of us could figure out if it can be done to cast more than 1 spell per shortcut/ hotkey.
Can this be done in the mechanics?
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 07:02:40 am »
No. There is no pause function to wait for the first action to complete so what happens is the second action aborts with an error message. This is to prevent botting.

raessol

• Wayfarer
  • I am a being as anybody.
    • View Profile
    • Gravatar
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:44:43 pm »
I think it would be better to have if so many shortcuts, but distributed according to the context in which they are applied, and similar actions would be but in different contexts; I usually do that with an additional key and the same key in another context the action to take would be similar or the same result; but that I can do myself, but I wonder if there is a possibility that at least if what I described come ready to use. ;D :-X ;D

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 03:58:47 pm »
it would be nice if you could shortcut the loading of shortcut lists so that you could have several files of grouped shortcuts switching between them but pressing a shortcut.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 05:57:22 pm »
You mean like the "/loadshortcuts" and "/saveshortcuts" commands?

I't occurred to me that you might not know due to missing help file documentation, and they aren't there so I'm about to add them in.

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 06:35:36 pm »
sweet