Author Topic: A few ideas  (Read 1018 times)

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
A few ideas
« on: August 09, 2002, 03:48:50 am »
I just downloaded Planeshift, and I have a few ideas, that I think might make the game the best one out. I divided them into 2 sections: Reasonable and Rediculous.

Reasonable:
1) Usable Chairs-Sit in them, fall out of them, go wild!
2) Player Run Pavilions-Players can prop up a pavilion so other players don\'t have to buy goods in the hot sun.
3) Companies-Kinda works like a guild. You can actually make a brand name weapon or food. Completee with little insigna label.
4)Better view control-The current one feels boring. There\'s too much to look at to not see it.
5) Wagons and Carriages- You can toss stuff in the wagon to carry it, and with thee carriage, you can arrive in style!
6) Better graphics- I\'m not whining, I mean its a free game. But couldn\'t you make the resolution a bit better?

Rediculuos:
1) Apartments- To cure people having to spend alot of money to buy a house in the middle of no-where what if players could have rooms in an apartment complex?
2) Travel-Wouldn\'t it b cool to ride in a zepplin? You could drop stuff in unsuspecting twits.
3) Gardening- Player owned ranches, gardens, or flower beds. Add originality to your home!

I think I\'ll leav it at that for now. Lemme hear what evereyon ls wants or thinks.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 06:19:43 am »
I like most of your idea\'s, just wanna say that the view is definetly going to change a bit.  :D
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 09:28:48 am »
Great ideas you got there, and i just like to say that being able to have appartments is not a rediculous idea at all! You could think of taverns that rent out rooms for a day or longer. Just as long as the player wishes to stay there (for a reasonable prize of course).
   And .... Wow, i just had a great idea! Why not open your own tavern so you can make money by letting people live or stay for a night in your own tavern. Great and fun way to make money (kicking people out \'cause they can\'t pay the rent is also fun - hehehe)

Cya\'ll  :)
m.vanes

elKano

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 09:39:33 am »
There are good ideas there...
That one f the zeppelins could be a solution for long travels: regular flights :->
And I hink you can already change the res within the psclient.cfg... if your comp can run it, \'cause the game is a little heavy for the moment.
_ _Tired of hyerarchies?
?Aqui estan los Otros!
__join the anarchists__

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 11:19:08 am »
You could think of taverns that rent out rooms for a day or longer.

I think Inn\'s are ment for that  8)
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Another reply
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2002, 11:39:10 pm »
With the apartment idea, I was thinking of an intown apartment, but owning your own inn sounds really cool. The zepplin idea was for long travel and kinda goes hand-in-hand with the better view, looking down on nice scenery, and what about zepplin races? Better yet, zepplin wars! Imagine the firey fate of the loser, and the poor gawking bystanders below. Oh, the humanity. The thought of a bunch of blimps floating over a town with ropes leading to the ground would be cool.

Tomaseth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 08:59:37 am »
Well I do admit like some of those ideas. The only really problem I had with the graphics is the animations of the character... they kind of walk and run funny.

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 02:58:55 pm »
About that zeppelin idea, i just read the ps-site and found some interesting info, apparently the devs have already found a different way to cross the air: flying animals! I think they called them pterosaurus and one other that started with an m.
Anyways, this is only reserved for the rich folk, so zeppelins are still a good alternative for the less wealthy ppl.
Then you can also think of aerial raids on zeppelins! Take the war to the sky! (hmm, that kinda promotes pk\'ing on a massive scale, maybe not such a great idea after all  :) )
m.vanes

smohyee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
About them flying dealies
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 09:09:29 pm »
How many people will fit in a dino? Can they be stolen? How about dino taxis?

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2002, 09:22:47 pm »
Apartments could actually be a better idea than housing. when you walk throught the door you could be automatically taken into your apartment thus eliminating the problem of running out of physical space
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 01:46:21 pm »
How many people will fit in a dino?

They\'re not meant for carrying lots of ppl, just for carrying one person and maybe some extra goods you want to take with you
m.vanes

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 05:52:23 pm »
The other one is called \'Megaras\' and is shaped like a giant bat.  8o

umm...hi!

• Traveller
    • View Profile
hehe
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2002, 12:17:19 pm »
i wanna save my money and buy a town, or maybe just make one

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2002, 12:47:56 am »
Automated room access, that would be good. As for buying a town, I heard some online games have player owned towns, so you could make your own. I heard about the flying dinosaurs. That sounds cool, but wouldn\'t a zepplin cost more than an animal? So if the flying Pterasour was for the rich, then wouldn\'t a zepplin be for those Bill Gates equal players? I hate to backtrack but if you could have a player run town, the Inn idea would work great. And yes, The characters do walk like they have sticks up their butts, don\'t they?

Mephisto

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2002, 07:32:45 am »
Originally posted by Fantasyfiend
I heard about the flying dinosaurs. That sounds cool, but wouldn\'t a zepplin cost more than an animal? So if the flying Pterasour was for the rich, then wouldn\'t a zepplin be for those Bill Gates equal players?

Well what they ment with that idea was not to buy a whole zeppelin, just a ticket, if everybody could buy their own zeppelin imagine how flying would be in the air, crowded!

And as for the automated apparments idea, I only see one downside, lets say you were gonna have a party, and people tried entering but they only got to their own apparment?
I say that you can \"search\" for rooms,
if they find your room and try to enter they will just get a message like: \"you can not enter this room because the owner has not allowed you\"
And the person that owns the room has this book inside where he can \"write\" down the names of who has permission to enter and who has not,
It would be kinda boring with appartments if you were the only one that could enter it,
-Mephisto