Author Topic: A few ideas  (Read 1017 times)

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2002, 09:06:50 pm »
There should be a command to knock. You could only go in when the player isn\'t there if you have a key. That\'s realistic and better, gameplay-wise.

(Or a set of lockpicks ;))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2002, 09:07:22 pm by David_HD »

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Apartment
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2002, 01:55:05 am »
Yeeah you could be asked someething like \"Please entere address of room you seek.\" or something, that would work good. I was thinking player owned zepplins, my  bad. Still, a ticket would be reasonably cheap, cut long trips unless your a cheapo, and provide scenic paths of hellish monstrs below you.

I\'ve never played Diablo, is it any good? I heard it was.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2002, 11:06:14 pm »
I just thought of something. What about possibilites of news papers? I know thr will probably be a messagee board, but with newspapers, you could advertise your guild in-game, find out who died to what, and help with the political system in the game. The only problem I can see is that you would have to create a new Jpeg front page every week.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2002, 10:04:23 pm »
EverQuest does something of this nature but it is more to pass out rumor and hint to new quests. They are sold in all towns right in the town center. Each one differs only by the area they are in. It is a good idea to be put in game but my opinion is that it can wait for a good while till the questing system is established.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2002, 02:47:58 am »
Good point. Hopefully the quests will be a little deeper than \"Go here and kill every living thing\" like Ultima Online. Maybe this could even causee expanding story-lines in the game.