Author Topic: Full Names  (Read 1173 times)

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2002, 10:19:50 am »
It has been a while since I was NOT  a moderator, but I believe you should be able to delete your own posts.  When I do it, I first click on \"Edit\" to edit the message.  Then there is a checkbox at the bottom under the big text box which says \"Delete message\" or something like that.  Check that box, and hit Save, and it will delete.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2002, 03:57:38 pm »
I just tried that now, but the only checkboxes I found were Deactivate Smilies and Automatically Parse URLs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2002, 03:58:14 pm by Aruneko »

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2002, 01:07:07 am »
Ah ok.

Anyone who needs a double post deleted, just pm me with the URL, or edit the doubled one to say \"delete double post\" and I\'ll take care of it.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2002, 02:22:17 am »
Ok, not sure exactly how to describe this, ?the server? will be very similar to what most other games Role-Play servers are. Why well because that is what we want. And being that next year there will be more then 40 Major MMORPGS we should target our audience more then current games do. That being said we will target the Role-Player.

However,  that does not mean that a person can?t play as a hack ?n? slasher.

Just that, it will not be what we put the most work towards and, while we hope to make combat very fun and entertaining?the game will not be about killing the next monster. So for the people that just do that, they may find that they are not progressing as easily as people who are doing some of the other stuff.

As far as what the game will have?it will have a place for everyone?well for everyone that is not a moron and gets banned?
-Paxx

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2002, 07:11:41 am »
While I fully support not allowing most non-letter characters, I do think that hyphens and apostraphes should be allowed. They\'re integral to certain people\'s names, and the look of it just works in a fantasy setting. Also, you can hardly pull off much l33t with only letters, hyphen, and apostraphe :P

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2002, 11:39:58 pm »
I\'ll think about it.

Perhaps only for certain races or something like that.

- Venge

Barak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2002, 06:12:43 pm »
Could we have titles if we don\'t belong to guilds or clans? Like if more than one person wants to take the time, they could nominate a title for a person. Then with the person\'s permission (so we don\'t have any Jack the Hamster.) add it to tem, but only like in communication it\'s in smaller font, paranthesis, and below their original name.

Bytes cost Bandwidth!

Vildaar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2002, 07:08:17 pm »
Titles are in the works, they will be attached to quests or if you are really good at a skill like mabye Vildaar the Baker of Awesomeness or something...atleast thats how it is looking at the moments
PlaneShift  - Rules Department

Barak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2002, 05:23:21 pm »
Finally! A system were we won\'t end up with \"Conan meet Conan. And Conan the II, Conan the III, the IV, V, VI, VII and IX. Don\'t forget X, XI, XII, XIII and behind them is Conan jr.\"

Bytes cost Bandwidth
« Last Edit: September 12, 2002, 05:23:46 pm by Barak »