Author Topic: BARDS  (Read 910 times)

Voldengrath

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
BARDS
« on: November 17, 2002, 05:29:51 pm »
Players should be able to train in music, so they can travel and be BARDS and play music in groups. Music can raise moral of a group of fighters!
Voldengrath Blake

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 08:24:26 pm »
I think you meant \'morale\', not \'moral.\' There is a large difference between the two.

Anyways, the idea of bards in the game is interesting. If you can be a bard in the game, then there should be a music skill, too(Obviously). I haven\'t seen any posts on morale, but implementing that into the game would be very interesting. Low morale, you do worse. High morale, you do better. The more music skill you have, the more morale you raise. Also, bards not only play music, but I\'ve heard that they are also poets and also have deep lore. Or at least that\'s what I\'ve been reading.... But still, people who choose to be bards in the game could probably stumble across special instruments and have a good understanding of \'everything\' in Planeshift. Well, expert bards, anyways.
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 09:40:48 pm »
Bards=Already being put in the game!  :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 09:41:11 pm by Kiern »

Veretta Hayes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 01:00:05 pm »
What about if you do incredibly badly? that could raise morale a lot because of everyone laughing at you :p.

Don\'t take life seriously, It\'s not like you\'re gonna get out of it alive.

Aduin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 11:54:22 pm »
I definately like the idea of bards. One other idea going with that, would be that bards should be able to compose their own music if they so chose to. It would add a lot to the environment, and you could even do some nifty roleplaying events, where bards compete in a tavern to see who has the best song. A variety of instruments would definately be cool too. Possibly even make a tradeskill for making instruments. Different instruments could also yield bands and concerts. That could add a whole lot of RP to the game.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 05:32:52 pm »
I\'ll have to buy some drums sometime.

Making your own songs would be extremely good, and would make using instruments much more fun than repeating some premade song that the game has.