Author Topic: Races  (Read 379 times)

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Races
« on: November 11, 2002, 07:51:51 am »
Well, here goes another one I guess

Two part idea:

Ok, since planeshift will continue to \"evolve\" I thought maybe every so often (rarely and REALLY spaced out) that a new race could be introduced to the players.  Because there are other races out there besides the ones that are in Yliakum right? So, eventually, some are going to find their way there, accidentally or not.  

That also means that other races might die out/leave, meaning that only the people who chose that race would still be there and no new players could choose it

I thought that would be bad, but as long as there are new races introduced, then it wouldnt, It would also give more diversity in the game

The other part:

Races can evolve into some other different type of their race, such as the two differnt types of elves, others would have to adapt to their enviroment, so there would be the \"old\" and \"new\" part of the races, where the old ones can no longer be choosed by one player

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 03:06:03 pm »
It\'s a good idea, meaning I like it. Especially the part about evolution.
Maybe the evolution part could be turned into a quest, where your character is upgraded, or just changes his or her appearence. And eventually the quest will be taken down, to allow room for something else.
But since we don\'t know how much space the game is allowed to occupy, to still let it be free, and since even though there is only a limited amount of players with that character, the server still has to acount for that amount, and those extra, new models everytime.
Me personally, I would want a mixture of an Innwn with the wings of a Klyros.

Oh, almost forgot, since in one of the older topics, the idea of armor was discussed. And since it would seem foolish to allow a Kran to wear Dwarf\'s armor, something was said about having different armors for different races (correct me if I am wrong), so would those \"new\" races need their own armors, or just use the once from before. As you can see, this is going in the direction of space, and bandwidth, so yeah, good idea, with some minor flaws. :D

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 05:27:31 pm »
sounds all nice and well, but i thinks its more an idea for later usage when the game is already running some time and had some bug fixes.
After that there might be discussed about big updates like that. But again, i like the idea ;)

-Xolon-

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 02:25:46 pm »
Alright, but lets say 50 people out of 5,000 chose Lemurs so theey decide to make Lemurs extinct, what about the people who chose the Lemurs? Would they get something for being the last surviving Lemurs in Middle-Ea..I mean...Ylkiam.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 05:02:12 pm »
Originally posted by Kiern
meaning that only the people who chose that race would still be there and no new players could choose it

whats this? the answer to your question? I THINK SO!

sorry if it was a little confusing (i wrote this about 5am :P), but yea, you are correct!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 05:02:49 pm by Kiern »

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 01:29:13 pm »
Oooohh.. I see, so it would be like a veteran status thing. That sounds cool. It would make the gamee really diverse, I\'m just wondering how many races it would take eventually to slow the game down on my computer