Author Topic: active channel highlight not obvious  (Read 480 times)

PPMAC

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
active channel highlight not obvious
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:06:07 am »
This is a problem that I guess almost everyone has experienced:
You just type something then hit enter and then see it was the wrong tab.

My suggestion is to mark the tab one is currently in with a colored frame so one can actually see if for example he is talking to someone in whisper or guild.

(I expected this to be changed a month or two ago but since nothing has happened...)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:32:03 am by neko kyouran »

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chat Interface Main Tab
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:08:23 am »
the current tab is already hilighted. however this isn't very visible in the default skin - feel free to make your own where it's a lot more visible like it was in the old elves one

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:40:52 am »
Or you might like e.g. the "Boniskin", or the "Way of the Hammer" skin (members only?!), or ... we do have more, right?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 12:20:28 am »
I've only seen one skin right now. How does one go about making one? I'd like to make a white marble skin.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 02:40:11 am »
You would at least inspect the file art/skins/elves.zip in your PlaneShift installation and guess which element may have which meaning.

Then you would possibly alter the graphics and test now and then what happens when setting up your own ZIP file in the folder art/skins, selecting it in PSLaunch, and running the game with it.

Note that the GUI supports alpha transparency in PNGs, so use an image editor which is able to handle gradual transparency.

Furthermore, there are still some images in art/materials.zip related to the appearance of the skin, which you may not be able to publish as easily as in a single ZIP archive of your own skin.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 04:22:43 pm »
 Pending the ability to get on the PS-game computer. I'll edit this post for it.

Xoel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 01:13:58 am »
I made a skin, look in the mods section. Well actually, I made two skins. One is a simple mod adding a leaf to the channel button you are in, and the other is an Enkidukai skin.