Author Topic: A Timer for the DR Exit  (Read 3587 times)

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: A Timer for the DR Exit
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 01:52:22 pm »
Also, this'd save me a lot of trouble spawn-killing idiots lol (and save the victims the agony of being knocked off spawn).  (Kaerli rocked Lyedanh's socks three times in a row upon return from the DR :P)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »
In response to Sarras' Big No, we can leave EZPC out of it. Anybody feeling burdened by RP enforcement always has options. ;)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:06 pm »
i play on the roleplay server, actually. this will only piss off players. if you're going to have a timer, make it an hour between an individual player using the spawn twice. accidents happen.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 03:22:00 pm »
I can see some sort of accident forgiveness but and hour doesn't do anything. And no action ticks off every player and no action will ever not tick off some player. Just ticking off some players isn't enough reason to no do it. It depends on the ratio of ticked off to not ticked off players, how ticked off they are, and how soon it will wear off. I was ticked off at the wilderness expansion that left me going back and forth as I couldn't tell if my character had gotten turned around or something because the other side of the corridor was different. After awhile I could tell the difference and didn't care any more.

Rigwyn

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »
Players really need to control this as the game has no way to really know for sure if a death counted as an rp death or an ooc death. Using the DR as a shortcut should not be a problem as long it does not interfere with anyone's RP. As stated, coming back from the DR right after an IC death looks very stupid, however there is no rule about this, so how would newer players know? They will see that they are able to get out in minutes and then assume that rp-wise, its valid to just come back right away.

I guess by Planeshift's standards though, this is legitimate. Players are allowed to just spring back as if nothing happened. The player-made convention of keeping a character dead for a matter of days is invalid because it was made by mere players.. Heh heh .. Ok, I think I'm starting to understand noobshift planeshift now.

5. Planeshift is a game made by roleplayers to bring you all the immersion you need from a virtual world.

;D

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 11:30:04 pm »
illysia, you don't seem to understand how easily some people are pissed off. even one little frustration, and they will uninstall. you've been complaining about the low server activity. your kind of attitude is what's causing it. too many rules and everyone just leaves. isn't that how your country came about? hypocrite! there, i said it.

i like what rigwyn said.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:31:58 pm by Sarras Volcae »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 12:24:52 am »
Since you have the concentration of a grape for my longer posts, I figured I'd break it up for you. ;)

• Yeah, too many rules can cause problems but too few restrictions causes things like the mass RPer exodus because of PLers. That sword swings both ways.
  • Not to mention, people are ticked off all day long and the world keeps spinning. Lots of people left PS because they were ticked off and lo and behold even PS is still here. People being pissed off is always relative.
  • Players are low in number because they don't feel there is anything to come in to. A place with set rules provides a measure of stability that those people can rely on.
  • My being American doesn't change any of this. Mind you, the first Americans were English and, as you pointed out, decided they didn't like doing things that way. I guess there is a precedent for not going with the culture of your country. ;) I'm only a hypocrite if I was the type to leave just because I disagree. Nice try though. :)

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 01:09:03 am »
Illysia is bringing out the fruit comparisons and bullet points. Things must be getting jiggy!

Sagewing

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »
Sorry for gravedigging [lol irony]

But I think that what should happen is,  expand the death realm, and each time you die (within a certain period of time) you are sent down one level deeper (up to a maximum, maybe 9 levels or something) and it thus takes you longer and longer to get out if you die repeatedly
Lejera the Mighty

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:07 pm »
   I am so tired of hearing about restrictions because people "bot", or use the DR as a shortcut, etc.  There will -always- be people who "get around the rules".  Some just because they like to do it. Period.  I'm tired of being a victim of other people's phobias, because "someone doesen't play right..."  I find it hard enough to play, without having extra penalties, because of these "other people".  Ignore them.  Let the rest of us just play.
my name is Sanrai ;)

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 12:27:08 am »
Agreed.
(Well, I'm not tired, but I understand what you mean.)
That and requests that ignore the unfinished status of the game.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:21 am »
For Khoridor and Sadie: The point... you missed it.

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 02:09:20 am »
For Khoridor and Sadie: The point... you missed it.
Or you still can't see that I didn't.
I simply disagreed with all your statements in your first post; with reasons. It happens.  ;)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 02:54:59 am »
My gripe is not about cheating or pure mechanics and never has been but if you don't care about RP inconsistencies then whatever... not my problem any more. If this were an RP game I'd say something really needs to be done but it's not... so there you go.

As for a generic MMO, Sadie is right, that is unacceptable. In fact for a non RP game there is a lot less slack on most counts. And as for the "unfinished" argument, that's why most people keep the game hidden until beta. But this is amateur work so I guess expecting a few more things to make sense is unwarranted. But hey, settings is really just optional right? ::) Ah well though... not my battle.

If I'm going to play a mainstream MMO, I think I'll stick with Mabinogi. New cooking ranks ftw. :thumbup:

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 12:37:25 pm »
This idea is totally sweet.

Make a timer, blame it on Dakkru and get this implemented soon please.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!