Author Topic: A Timer for the DR Exit  (Read 3585 times)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: A Timer for the DR Exit
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:20 pm »
If last night's experience in the Death Realm is any indication it can be a lot of fun when there are number of characters down there. My self imposed minimum stay is two game days. During that time my character can normally be found sitting on the stairs by the exit; offering to share her wine with anyone that passes by and trying to discourage them from taking death too lightly. What else can be done at the moment? In fact that seems to apply to most gripes on the forum.

My advise, at this point, is to do what you think is best for Role Playing or whatever the heck that may mean to you. Be open to those that have another idea; yet hold firm if you cannot agree; while trying to find a common ground to interact. Start being selective with those you wish to carry on a character relationship and RP with and start using the ignore if another's actions begin to upset you and draw you from the immersion of the game. The last option has not yet been used by me; though my finger is on the button at the moment.

Venorel places down her two tria and departs

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »
Let me sum him up: be open minded, helpful and firm with how people roleplay their way around system gaps. Ignore people whose roleplay style conflicts with yours and be around people who like your thing.

He also asked again for this timer thing to be implemented, so devs... Do your thing!
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

mikeloeven

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »
24 hours real time. I doesn't amount to about a week IG like it used to but it should make people at least pause for a second... hopefully... :-\

a 24 hour jailing on death your saying. if anything the death penalty is too severe as it is. yes it is important to make the game realistic but it is still a F@#$!#% game and when you prevent people from playing the game due to exagerated death penalties you scare them off and take the fun out of the game. the problem will not be fixed by punishing people for dying that will only piss off the players and reduce the people who are willing to keep playing. but to be honest i see no reasion why the game can't simply remember your map X,Y,Z when you die and just pop you right where you died when you exit the realm. that combined with a slightly reduced death curse would solve both the crippling effect of the curse as well as remove the traveling to hydlaa exploit. if you die you respawn where you died. if you died in the middle of nowhere your still in the middle of nowhere. if you die icly than it is up to the rp group to decide their own rules for character death for example you cant leave the death realm untill a friend of yours goes to a temple somewere and rp's getting you resurected. but as it is there should be no death Penalty at all because it is a freaking game. if you want to rp it out and trap yourself there that is your descision but you do not have a right to even suggest to the developers to force you ideals on other players especially since rp deaths are somthing that are usualy planed ahead of time. wheras most dr trips are caused by monsters or bugs outside of RP
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 08:00:32 pm by mikeloeven »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:01 pm »
24 hours real time. I doesn't amount to about a week IG like it used to but it should make people at least pause for a second... hopefully... :-\

a 24 hour jailing on death your saying. if anything the death penalty is too severe as it is. yes it is important to make the game realistic but it is still a F@#$!#% game and when you prevent people from playing the game due to exagerated death penalties you scare them off and take the fun out of the game. the problem will not be fixed by punishing people for dying that will only piss off the players and reduce the people who are willing to keep playing. but to be honest i see no reasion why the game can't simply remember your map X,Y,Z when you die and just pop you right where you died when you exit the realm. that combined with a slightly reduced death curse would solve both the crippling effect of the curse as well as remove the traveling to hydlaa exploit. if you die you respawn where you died. if you died in the middle of nowhere your still in the middle of nowhere. if you die icly than it is up to the rp group to decide their own rules for character death for example you cant leave the death realm untill a friend of yours goes to a temple somewere and rp's getting you resurected. but as it is there should be no death Penalty at all because it is a freaking game. if you want to rp it out and trap yourself there that is your descision but you do not have a right to even suggest to the developers to force you ideals on other players especially since rp deaths are somthing that are usualy planed ahead of time. wheras most dr trips are caused by monsters or bugs outside of RP

Is there ANYTHING you don't complain about? Geez! chill dude!
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 12:26:09 am »
I think it's funny. ;) If he hasn't figured out that being careful makes a difference then I pity him... he probably has such problems in every MMO.

Work on your game playing skills dude... You don't have to die enough to make it problematic. You're somehow making the game harder than it actually it. In fact, when I started playing, I died instantly every time I went to Hydlaa... so I stopped going there till the fall damage got nerfed. It's much easier to stay alive these days. Don't turn it into rocket science. ;)

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 06:36:26 pm »
My opinion:

Yes the DR and death in general needs more overall consensus in terms of RP. Seems to differ from person to person.
Yes the DR should be harder and be more of a punishment BUT as the game is still a beta with bugs/issues then there is no point in having a extremely complex DR until the game is ready for it.
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 09:04:16 am »
Dying should be discouraged, to make every fight more intriguing and interesting. People should fear dying. For this reason the Death Realm is supposed to be expanded greatly in the future and the more you will die the more you may be entangled into it. This wish will be met when the DR will be expanded properly.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:40 am »
There's also the issue of dark way training.  There was a period there where I visited the DR maybe twice in about 10-11 months.  But now I started training dark way and pursuing the quest path and the only way to progress is suicide.  Not very IC.

Unless there's another trainer I don't know about (at my levels, anyway).   :whistling:
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.