Author Topic: Walking...  (Read 649 times)

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Walking...
« on: June 29, 2003, 09:43:22 pm »
OKay in a lot of MMORPGs walking has been sort of a problem. If Planeshift is gonna be huge which I know it is cuz the Devs say it will be big, how long will it take to walking from point A to point B on the average? I don\'t wanna walk to a village that\'s 5km away and it\'ll take me 20 minutes, you guys know what I mean right?
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 10:30:20 am »
I understand. Thats why I think there should be some sort of free stable, which rents horses for free, giving that you have a set amount of exp. For example:
Stable A can take you to Stable B. B can take you to A and C. C can take you to B and D etc. You get the picture?
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Furay

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 10:58:04 am »
there will be a lift to differnet levels(u will have to pay), but i think some places should be difficult to get to, so u can organise guild expeditions, invasions, exploring etc
www.forged-destiny.tk
be like the 20 second elephant with heated value in space-BARK

Furay

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 10:58:49 am »
:P
www.forged-destiny.tk

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 11:00:21 am »
Yes, but those lifts doesnt help very much when it comes to travelling from, lets say, from one town to another, if they are on the same level. Right?

Furay

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 11:02:40 am »
no, they dont, but i would be boring to spending about a month exploring all towns/areas and then just visiting places u know r allready there afterwards
www.forged-destiny.tk

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 11:07:19 am »
Huh? I didnt quite understand what you were saying, could you perhaps explain?

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 11:17:50 am »
you would need something like the Grid in Anarchy Online..

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 03:01:24 pm »
There could be a \"bus\", a big carriage you could get on that would go to a certain town and back, and there would be different buses going to different towns. There could be stops along the way, and it wouldn\'t be instant transport; the bus would travel at, say five times the speed of running, and you could chat to people while you were on it. Or, you could get ambushed by bandits, like in the movies where they roll a rock down into the valley :P

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 06:59:03 pm »
;)
hey man, running might not be a problem if you can tweak your run like in AC. I like that man, my main char can run across that map in like an hour, so runnin between cities is nothin to him.
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Kluger

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 12:53:25 am »
those ideas sound good.  perhaps I\'m saying the same as Tygerwilde, but how \'bout if a person\'s legs get stronger the more he runs?  then the person would run slowly at first (to get to know the layout better) and speed up to keep from getting bored.  (one simple thing that makes UT2003 feel like more fun than Q3 is that you run faster in UT2003.)  this would discourage creating lots of characters.

I understand that it\'s not going to have leveling up, and I like that idea, but the running exercise could be a good compromise.

(hopefully, characters also get tired and hungry and will have to eat high-protein food to get stronger...eh?)

I still like the idea of the horses (or Chocobo anyone?) and the caravan...  the more unique methods of transportation, the better...
Read my Say\'s Law paper on my homepage!
I\'m here to test Linux PS and maybe find a friend or even a girlfriend, and jump from rooftop to rooftop.  ;-)
\"Despised and rejected, acquainted with grief, He bore the sins of the world.  He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities.\"

Kathmor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 02:02:27 am »
I really like the idea of horses. You should be able to either rent or buy a horse. The they can add a stable to the towns where you can put your horse while you are visiting the town.