Author Topic: archery / long-ranged weaponry  (Read 363 times)

Severeon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
archery / long-ranged weaponry
« on: June 16, 2004, 01:57:47 pm »
Just a few thaughts...

I believe that long ranged weaponry would be better in first person perspective, granted i know that first person isnt easy to code, but its worth a look. Also if you watch say, LOTR, you will realize that long ranged weaponry is VERY effective when in vollys... my point there is that it would be really awesome to beable to have seiges on towns and castles whih would warrent the use of many players and npc\'s using bows to launch a volly of arrows at the oncomming attackers. ...

btw, im a programmer with 3 years under my belt, and were it not for the 18+ requirement, im 17, i would try to join your team...

--out--

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Severeon:
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 10:11:49 am »
8) I am 17 as well but I do 3D stuff, haven?t got deep into C++ yet but anyway. They do have a first person view already in the game.

It probably may not be so hard to mount a Bow & Arrow on the camera view but I am not sure if they are even going to have weapons work like that in first person?

I do not know but they may do Ranged weapons as an animation & calculate damage as a percentage of Accuracy, Strength, Distance, & Movement.

I would like to see an Azure Way spell you cast on an arrow that make that arrow never miss & always finds the vulnerable spot although it takes a lot of chanting & mana. You could also have your arrows blessed @ a temple for a ?small? donation or something lol.

It would be nice to have an Archery range you can pay to have lessons & use the range for practice & competitions. We could have Archery Tournaments & stuff but there may be rules like everyone gets the same bow & Arrows & no spell enhancing or something?

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:10:56 pm »
There will not be a FirstPersonShooter FP-point of view. You will use your mouse to point and click on your target, and the game does the rest (just in case that is what you meant). Nothing to do about that, except code your own game. :)

As for the longbows and lots of NPCs fighting towns, I\'d suggest that remains an idea forever. NPCs aren\'t toys, and if you want a lot of people shooting at eachother with bows, gather a lot of players and have them do it instead. NPC-wars are for Single Player games. :)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"