Author Topic: Response to Poliero's arrogant flame  (Read 5296 times)

Phinehas

Re: Response to Poliero's arrogant flame
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 10:17:10 pm »
An amusing idea, but I think not... While interesting, this young gentleman has a ways to go before being worth any actual exertion on my part. Now if Druke were here...

Attersson

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 06:17:09 am »
Phinehas, let's agree to disagree.
To yourself only the fabric and the contents of your mind are known, but to my inexistent ambition the title "young gentlemen" is one of the best compliments you could've made, indicating my inexperience and despite that, the grace in my doing to put everyone around me at ease.
I want to make perfectly clear I didn't get paid to write this. Despite what you predicate, I indeed already got your attention because you posted and are posting, noone bound you to, leaving you free to disregard my threads any time, included now.
This young gentleman, me, addresses this thread NOT to the people whose inner youth have completely lost and who exhert manners that of gentle have nothing.
I address this work, instead, to everybody who wishes to read it and either like or dislike it (the story, not me).

Keep personal comments and opinions OUT.

Parallo: I'm still thinking about your idea... if  it gets at least "interesting" I promise I'll satisfy your request.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 01:36:12 pm »
I don't get this..... What? I've read this thing over and over and can't seem to understand what this whole thread is about.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 02:50:15 pm »
It started as a debate over magic theory and deteriorated into unintellectual mud slinging. :P
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 02:56:56 pm »
Then this thread should belong in General or whatever it's called.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 03:06:05 pm »
No, the first post was a nice piece of writing.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 03:08:54 pm »
The enormous text in the first post is an eyesore...I can't read it. =/

Phinehas

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
To yourself only the fabric and the contents of your mind are known, but to my inexistent ambition the title "young gentlemen" is one of the best compliments you could've made, indicating my inexperience and despite that, the grace in my doing to put everyone around me at ease.
Why yes, I didn't mean it as an insult.
I want to make perfectly clear I didn't get paid to write this. Despite what you predicate, I indeed already got your attention because you posted and are posting, noone bound you to, leaving you free to disregard my threads any time, included now.
This young gentleman, me, addresses this thread NOT to the people whose inner youth have completely lost and who exhert manners that of gentle have nothing.
I address this work, instead, to everybody who wishes to read it and either like or dislike it (the story, not me).

Keep personal comments and opinions OUT.
Ah. So let me understand clearly... You want to state your opinion, yet not take responsibility for it? If only you had told me that you did not intend to stand behind your statements in the first place, then we would not have had this discussion. My apologies.

A word of advice, however... Do not make your speech unnecessarily cumbersome... You have lost some of the meaning and the flow of the words in your attempt to sound educated. I am not saying you are educated, only that every great orator will agree that the simpler something can be said, the better. Also, in some places your statements are downright incomprehensible... "who exhert manners that of gentle have nothing"
It started as a debate over magic theory and deteriorated into unintellectual mud slinging. :P
There was no mud-slinging, Parallo... And your contribution to this thread of single-sentence posts has been completely unnecessary and unhelpful...

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 04:53:50 pm »

There was no mud-slinging, Parallo... And your contribution to this thread of single-sentence posts has been completely unnecessary and unhelpful...

Well I don't see whats wrong with helping someone like Raa. Though its not the size of the post, its the message it holds.

A simple yes or no can be a post, and have more importance then say a huge paragraph. Because a single word or sentence can give someone knowledge. While say a huge paragraph can... Just leave you saying 'wtf dewd'

Just sayin'... Though I do like this thread. Its full of posts that say "Im better dan u cuz.. I is 1337 dewd, ya digg?"

though I did like the first post, well written. I look forward to more sometime. ;)

Attersson

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 01:10:56 pm »
Alright so the point is everyone wants more. I will make more. Fine. Last Stand of Wizards!. Wether it's compliments, general attention or an exchange of words I am seeing positivity in all of this. At least I clashed with Phinehas and heard from the rest.

Using cruder slang like "You want me to KISS" or "tl;dr" does not fall under my proclivities.
Alright: Oh my God, English is the non-asian language with most words in the world. You won't believe me (probably) but there are heavier bricks to cope with. I am indeed keeping it simple, perhaps just not stupid but still simple. If I wanted to start pulling Anglo-Saxon terms, you wouldn't even be able to read... and without any blame on my side at all! I'd be surprised if you did!

Well on the other hand I didn't appreciate the "tl;dr", it simply shows ineptitude. Spare me the predicament of those who arbitrarily chose to be able to read 400 micro-posts and skip a long one. Call me close-minded, but I've had my fill of those complaints and, in the future, I hope they just read or that we mutually disregard.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 03:13:46 pm »
Length isn't the problem, it's just the text...it's just so big, I keep rereading lines and they start to hurt after about the middle of the first paragraph. =/

Attersson

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 05:38:28 am »
Length isn't the problem, it's just the text...it's just so big, I keep rereading lines and they start to hurt after about the middle of the first paragraph. =/

Good thing you clarified, I'll shrink it.

And my other story is in the works.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 11:19:07 am »
A word of advice, however... Do not make your speech unnecessarily cumbersome... You have lost some of the meaning and the flow of the words in your attempt to sound educated. I am not saying you are educated, only that every great orator will agree that the simpler something can be said, the better. Also, in some places your statements are downright incomprehensible... "who exhert manners that of gentle have nothing"
Ne sutor supra crepidam
AKA Skald

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 11:26:38 am »
That is unfair. Phinehas knows what he is talking about.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 11:47:14 am »
Yes, in much the same manner as I know about bureaucracy.
AKA Skald