Author Topic: my ideas that people will probably reject  (Read 265 times)

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
my ideas that people will probably reject
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:55:47 pm »
Well hear goes
I reckon a jail should be in DR, your sole will be taken from the the living world and chucked in a death cell if you know what I mean.
Also I think there should be a school collage kinda thing where you train your skills and stats where when you get to a certain lvl you transfer to to collage where you train for the rest or a certain amount of time.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: my ideas that people will probably reject
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 02:43:44 am »
I dislike the DR jail idea - they're already detaining you in a boring place for the purpose of punishing your crimes. Execution is for the True Death - and for the high crimes, not just getting in a drunken fistfight at Kada's. While I think murder needs a harsher IC sentence (players are only given a few days' time in there for it in the recent cases I've heard of), and you're supposed to spawn randomly in the DR, aren't you? Shifting portals and all that jazz; it's just not done mechanics-wise yet? Or have the plans for that changed?

An official college sounds interesting, though. I mean, there's the Knowledge Seekers for an IC one, but a concentration of high-level trainers would be nice (Laanx knows it can be annoying enough to try to find your trainer in PS right now unless you know someone who knows where they are or access spoiler websites).
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:57:38 am »
Like Candy, I also really dislike the whole DR "jail" idea. I just see no need for it, really, and it seems a bit...vague, as well.

As for the college.  Like Candy mentioned, we've got the Knowledge Seeker's University, In-Character.  If you're looking for a more generic concentration of high-level trainers, take a trip to the BD  :P
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:15:38 pm »
Somewhat related - there is a jail of sorts already that gamemasters can send players to. It's impossible to escape - if you /die, you just respawn in the cell. Is this similar?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »
sorta but isn't that in hydlaa east