Author Topic: RulaScripts or whatevs  (Read 1008 times)

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
RulaScripts or whatevs
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »
HEY GUISE just wanted to let you know I've worked my arse off the last days to create a new, better, collective homepage for the PS related scripts I wrote over time. Those are:

• SVG <-> Sketch XML converter
  • The infamous status script :D
  • Chatlog analyzer / statistics
  • PS date converter thingy
The new homepage is here (the rest of the page is still a bit of a wreck... but if you click the right things, you'll get to see my 404 error cake :D)

So... if you like them or need help or just want to troll me, post here, send me a PM or spam my contact form. Also, there will be a URL change from psstatus.uglyhorst.de to ps.incertitu.de, so generally you should adjust any signature images you might have. That said, the old url will stay available for some... probably a long time and redirect to the new one. Cheers!

Also, poyo.

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: RulaScripts or whatevs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »
\o/ great work derula...thanks.

So...lets say someone wrote a python script to grab the name of the online players...would that said person have any chance to get it included there too? ;)

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:58 pm »
Thanks Derula for your scripts. Plus, "incertitu.de" made me smile for the first time today.  \\o//

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:14 pm »
Ha, thanks that you guys like it, and also my new domain :) makes me feel better about the choice xD

So...lets say someone wrote a python script to grab the name of the online players...would that said person have any chance to get it included there too? ;)

There's a link to your thread in my status script page... and the homepage is mainly for things I made... not sure what you're asking, a bigger mention? Or a whole page about it?

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »
and the homepage is mainly for things I made
Thanks, that was what I was asking for. ;)

Urriro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:41 am »
* Urriro hugs derula. Long time not seen my friend.  And what must I say? Your scripts rocks.  \\o//  :thumbup:
There are flowers everywhere for those who want to see them.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:13:11 am »
Your website style reminds me a little on good old Point&Click adventures like Maniac Mansion. But why?!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:55 pm »
Your website style reminds me a little on good old Point&Click adventures like Maniac Mansion. But why?!

Maybe I could implement a command-based navigation like in old text adventures. :P

* Urriro hugs derula. Long time not seen my friend.  And what must I say? Your scripts rocks.  \\o//  :thumbup:

Thanks, but... why do you have four arms?? xD

Urriro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 02:31:28 am »
Thanks, but... why do you have four arms?? xD

Remember, I'm an Enkidudaki. So we can use or legs as arms. :P
There are flowers everywhere for those who want to see them.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 03:15:57 am »
In case you disabled graphical smilies: This should display one hopping excitedly and waving arms in joy.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

bilbous

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:16 am »
The date converter doesn't seem to work, or I didn't understand what it was supposed to do, probably the latter. I was thinking it would poll the server to see how many in-game days had passed since it had started and give the correct month and day from that. I'm guessing what it actually does is take the current real life date and interprets it. At least, it did not increment the day at either noon nor more expectedly midnight game time.

I wonder how you could go about getting the server uptime for the game as opposed to the server the game runs on to make this possible.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »
The date converter doesn't seem to work, or I didn't understand what it was supposed to do, probably the latter. I was thinking it would poll the server to see how many in-game days had passed since it had started and give the correct month and day from that. I'm guessing what it actually does is take the current real life date and interprets it. At least, it did not increment the day at either noon nor more expectedly midnight game time.

It uses the same type of conversion the devs use for announcing in-game events. According to PS Wiki and my best understanding, that is.

I don't think it's a good idea at the moment to get the in-game time. For once, you can't convert that into an IC date that relates in any way to the current IRL time of the year, because the Yliakum calender has 320 days and the day changes multiple times per earth day. (Every 6/8 hours? I dunno) Therefore, during an IRL year there would be multiple IG years. And since there's no real in-game date (that I know of), this is slightly impossible.

Also, how in-game time works is subject to change. If some day there's a REAL in-game calender, I could try to make something like that work. (But then, it would be WAY easier for PS team to offer something like that)

Thanks for your input. :)

Also, fixed the status script for the new server.

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »
I just thought a simple hack would suffice. I realize that every time the server starts it is the first day all over again and so you might not get through a whole year all the time. I just have a little superstition that the particular day of the in-game year has some effect on looting rates.

I suppose it is something I ought to do for myself but it is not that important. I firmly believe in the maxim "never do for yourself what you can get someone else to do for you, unless you really need to have it done." :)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 02:58:04 am »
no it's not the first day, but the time from the last hour switch till the server is back up is frozen.

bilbous

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:02 am »
Oh, weltall, do you mean that the famous "Groundhog Day" model is no longer accurate? Does that only come into play with a server rebuild or will it only happen when the db is wiped for the launch of version 1.0 someday in the future?

Does that mean that time does accumulate in game but that currently there is just no way to keep track of it?