Author Topic: Avoid the Crashes using WINE  (Read 4459 times)

Maju

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Avoid the Crashes using WINE
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 12:53:13 am »
Hello, tired of crashes and sticky roads, I tried all that. Was pretty messy but finally did it and (wow!) it worked!

The problem is that I get a transparent GUI I cannot use.  ???

How can I fix that?

Maju

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 01:36:31 am »
Okay - I figured out the problem and got it all fixed!

I didn't have cabextract installed, and for some reason the script wasn't working for it. But I downloaded the winetricks shell script and ran that to download the cab's that I needed to successfully run PS in WINE!

Thanks for the guides! I would have gone crazy having to live with all that crashing!

Hmmm... after trying to fix the GUI issue I have run into this problem and cannot fix it, it seems.

How do I install cabextract?

This is soooo esotheric...  :-\ ::|

Tensiu

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 01:16:25 pm »
Aww... I am doing everything that firiban said, but when I write "wget http://mirror.psde.de/util/psclient_wine/megascript.sh" It's connecting, and connecting... After some time it tries again, and again... It's importand for me : /

Nakem

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 10:13:25 am »
Sorry the mirror is down. You can't download it until firiban doesn't re-upload the script.
But you may also try this fix: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=35424

Tensiu

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 07:03:54 am »
Tried before. In tutorial it's fine, but about 5 minutes after teleporting to "real" part of world, it just shut down. It's really annoying, cause it seems to be really good game : /

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 07:06:41 am »
Hi

You can open another thread where you paste what you see when you start the game in a console - maybe it is something known :)

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!