Author Topic: Winter  (Read 1128 times)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Winter
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:20:00 pm »
Do you love it, hate it, just ok with it? Why? Please elaborate. I'm curious, and the Hydlaa Plaza needs some interesting discussion.

-sig by sarras

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Winter
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:38:40 pm »
I live in WI, winter starts in pretty much november. I live with it regardless of like or dislike. ><

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:47:41 pm »
Winter is cold, wet and cold. In New Zealand where I lived. But I do wonder what it will be like here in Australia, probably dry hot and smelly like summer lol.

Yeah I dislike it, other than you get to sit infront of the fire and be nice and hot after being cold outside.

But yes Summer is nice right now.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:16 pm »
it disallows me to be at the golf course, so i don't care for it all that much.  im moving more south where its more pleasant in the winter when i retire.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »
My chunk of thoughts on winter:

It's a South Carolina November, which means that all of the leaves are raining down from the trees and fall is progressing into winter. The mornings are nice and chilly, usually in the thirties. Just cold enough to make you bundle yourself in a coat and cuddle with friends. I also love going outside in the winter to walk my dog for a minute or two, and it is really cold for me because I usually don't have a coat or shoes on, so when I walk back into the house, I really appreciate the warmth. I love that feeling, just hope I don't get a stroke by going from cold to hot like that one day. I also like how it's not swamp assingly hot in the winter.

-sig by sarras

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »
You guys don't know cold, except Phantom here  :P It's been -30 degrees celsius here (-22 fahrenheit). Luckily it wasn't windy that day, the felt temperature would've been horrible in windy weather. I've had snow go away in May and return in October at the worst. Got about 2-3 hours tops with light outside now, so have to live with it yes.
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:16 am »
On the one hand, it's wet and cold and gets dark way too early and I have to wear like, six more layers than usual.

On the other hand, there's Christmas and New Year's, which means I get to see family I don't get to see any other time of the year, and then there are the mouth-watering seasonal sweets available (pumpkin pie and rumballs being among my favorites), and I get significantly more free wine than usual.

So yeah, winter's pretty much alright as long as I get to remain indoors for most of it.

EDIT: And Koios, I lived in Alberta. I've got at least three -40C winters under my belt; hip-deep snow, ice forming on my eyelashes, and everything. YOU don't know cold.  ;D
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 01:57:09 am »
I love winter, i live in washington, where its normally cold and wet anyway, but  i love cold and wet, im one of those kinds of people who could roll around in the snow nakid for a little while and be perfectly fine. :)
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 04:34:58 am »
i hate it.  :'(

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:28 am »
We deal with it in Holland, as with the rain...the storms...the traffic...

Come visit us some day, maybe you'll figure out why we legalized soft drugs.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 11:35:21 am »
EDIT: And Koios, I lived in Alberta. I've got at least three -40C winters under my belt; hip-deep snow, ice forming on my eyelashes, and everything. YOU don't know cold.  ;D

Was talking about the people that posted before me  ;)
We're in the same boat, we're just on different sides of the pond. I live in the northern part of Norway, and hoping for a mild winter  :thumbup:
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:04 pm »
Hmm, seems like I'm in the minority. Like always.  

Edit: I needed a more effective emote.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:35:22 pm by Geoni »

-sig by sarras

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 02:54:31 pm »
Winter is just a part of life where I live and I enjoy it! The scenery makes it worth putting up with the cold.
Seeing . . .
  • the sun shine on the snow making it appear to be billions of tiny crystals
  • snow clinging to everything in sight
Hearing . . .
  • the sound of snow crunch under my feet with each step I take
  • the wind gust outside knowing drifts will form to yet change the look of the landscape in the morning
Winter is natures way of giving me variety.

<coughs>   ...and maybe even more appreciated when I no longer have to leave the house to go to work.  ;D

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 09:34:06 pm »
Snow, building forts if you're bored, pelting neighborhood kids with snowballs. ( Never to old to be in a snowball fight. )
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 01:27:43 am »

Thought I'd share a pic I took a few weeks ago. The Dome of Nidaros in Trondheim, Norway  :)