Author Topic: Unique idea, but dont hate me for it  (Read 2515 times)

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 11:19:41 pm »
Originally posted by Draklar
May I ask what you meant by
Originally posted by Soulless_Body
FULL OUT GUILD WARS
?

It means what it says.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FULL OUT GUILD WARS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now why would all guilds by fighting each other? I was only mentioning people and guilds that would fight, many guilds that may be good or evil might not be in the business of fighting but in money or knowledge. And there may be guilds that are neutral and work with both sides. No doubt there will be guild wars but surely not all guilds will be participating.

Then who ever dose not want to be in this war they don\'t have to.

And when i said all that i did not mean it HAD to be like that just somthing like that. Man people really do like to flame here?

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/1638/youare6ml.swf

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 08:17:20 am »
And when i said all that i did not mean it HAD to be like that just somthing like that. Man people really do like to flame here?

You said FULL OUT GUILD WARS, and let us gess what you mean,

You didnt either say that it was THAT.
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 08:48:17 am »
Man just leave it. It\'s not that big a deal?

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 01:14:32 pm »
This really isn\'t a unique idea. It\'s been discussed for years and there\'s a billion threads on it etc.

And yeah, The Cabal would always win ^^ So there\'s no point. If guilds want wars then they\'ll have them. No need to arrange certain times when you can. And we already know that there\'ll be game events like invasions etc.

And FULL OUT WARS does generally mean \"all vs all\"

Kaseijin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 01:18:30 pm »
i do not think guild wars or any kind of conflict should be forced onto players. If wars between guilds occur they should be strictly for rp reasons.
I would go as far as forbidding any wars for fun... go play call of duty for that....
I am talking about when the game gets more stable and developed. Guild wars are kind of a good thing now...as method of testing game mechanics. I believe someone has already done that.
i actually play planeshift

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2005, 01:46:12 pm »
Good point Kaseijin.

Else Hydlaa would be stucked in flowing mass of wars.
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

WizardsRule

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2005, 07:09:20 pm »
This topic has seemed to have gotten WAY off track since I started it.

The evils of past repeat themselves in many shapes and forms

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2005, 08:37:08 am »
Let me ask you this? Is life fare? If some one want to fight you can you just stop them?

So why should the game NOT forced onto players?

Kwip

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2005, 09:54:38 am »
Let me ask you this? Is life fare? If some one want to fight you can you just stop them?

So why should the game NOT forced onto players?

Because the makers of this game do not want to make people who do not want to fight, fight.  That is why one has to challenge someone before they can attack them.

This allows one who wants to live a peacefull RP life not have to deal with being attacked everywhere they go.  Can you imagine what would happen if one didn\'t have to challenge to attack, with all the people challenging everyone and everything in sight?
Lurking in that space between -             \The\____
 trying to see what is off both ends -        -----\Mad\_____
  but the confusion and chaos looks so fun -     ------\Bard\
   that I must now jump down twixt them both and dance the dance

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2005, 10:08:18 am »
Then they could make gurds. So if someone attks someone ells in the city then the guards will attk them. And also if you want you can put money on that persons head.

And that would be KOOL. Full out attks every where man that would be good.

Thats the prob every one wanst things easy all the time. No one wants to play something TRULLY HARD.

Just ones i would like to play a game that is trully like real life and HARD. Even if people attked me every where.  Man if the game was like that then if you played it for a long time and got good at it then MAN thenyou would be trully skilled.

What do you think it\'s like in real life. People attking people every where.  

I know why it\'s becouse every one plays games like this cause they hate there life and play games like this to ecape there lives. And play something easy and NOT hard.

Thats why i don\'t play RPG that much cause there all easy.

Pls don\'t flame me for what i say. Like every one ells dose! (It\'s me and there\'s nothing you can do about it)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 10:10:31 am by Soulless_Body »

Kaseijin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2005, 10:30:07 am »
you are right....that is how real life is... just now i when i went out to buy some stuff... i saw a guy beat a child with an axe while screaming \"die you n00b\"...
you see if anyone can attack anyone any time NOW that would encourage players who WHO WANT TO ESCAPE their lives... they would just log on when they fail an exam or get dumped or whatever ..then they would kill a few weak characters feel better and log off....

i am trying really hard not to flame you... but the bottom line is this... YOU DON\'T GET WHAT PLANESHIFT IS ALL ABOUT.

now please go play COD or DIablo.... or Counterstrike or whatever quick fix game you like

by the way it\'s not cool to write cool as  KOOL... KOOL is a brand of cigarettes

Kwip

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2005, 11:51:28 am »
uhhh... getting of topic a bit, there is a PVP sub-section in the wishlist forums where these things are discused.

But events like what WizardRule suggested will probably and should be used and implemented once things settle down.  A nice drought, plague, darkness falling upon the land, as well a few \'good\' events like festivals and a good crop season, are some other possible events that might liven up things.
Lurking in that space between -             \The\____
 trying to see what is off both ends -        -----\Mad\_____
  but the confusion and chaos looks so fun -     ------\Bard\
   that I must now jump down twixt them both and dance the dance

Kaseijin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2005, 12:05:12 pm »
yeah i am for events like cranivals... draught   or maybe even a massive goble attack...or a tournament....
but saying \'from tommorrow every guild is at war\' is lame...
if two guilds fight because a person from guild A owns guild B money(not 10 trias but let\'s say 10,000)... and then friendly guilds of guild A and guild B join in, turning it into a massive guild war...now that would be interesting because it\'s roleplaying...ok i am off topic again... i am sorry ....i won\'t post in this thread anymore
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 12:07:29 pm by Kaseijin »

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2005, 01:17:49 pm »
Quote from Soulless_Body Just ones i would like to play a game that is trully like real life and HARD. Even if people attked me every where. Man if the game was like that then if you played it for a long time and got good at it then MAN thenyou would be trully skilled.
Maybe it\'s just me but I can\'t see how that can be funny in the long run. Everybody attacks everybody. You win you run up to your next enemy. You lose you come back from DR and attack somebody again.

Like it\'s been stated many times, this is not Diablo. There are games that focus on hack n\' slash while others prefere to lift up the roleplaying aspect, like PlaneShift.

This idea is not bad, which is probably why 100 threads have been made about this already. Instead of trying to making new ones all the time, try developing the old ones.

Depthblade started a duelling league some time ago and I don\'t know if they plan to organise guild wars, but if they haven\'t thought about it then maybe you bring up the idea to them...

Also about the balancing in guild wars. If it\'s a guild war then I believe the whole guild should be allowed to participate. Guilds that mass recruit obviously rely on quantity instead of quality. I don\'t see why they should get the disadvantage of not using all of their men...

Slagle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
it could be alliance vs alliance....
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2005, 05:35:29 pm »
alliance vs alliance would be cool. srry if some1 already suggested this is seen the dozen posts of people quoting eachother and just decided to go to the bottom and post what i think