Author Topic: Unique idea, but dont hate me for it  (Read 2516 times)

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2005, 08:26:42 pm »
Alliance is a bond between guilds so you could mean that I guess, but think you mean guild vs guild

Anyhow as the attacking of characters go there are several ways to go with this and even several issues that stand apart from eachother first there s the one person VS the other person, then there is the guild vs other guilds, and ofcourse roleplaying with NPCs.

I have seen planeshift and I don\'t mind that you gotta challenge someone to being able to fight someone, but seeing you don\'t gain anything from killing anyone I don\'t see what the big problem is with allowing it a little further then JUST being able to attack someone when they agree.

But how to make things so it doesn\'t turn into a newbslash game? Well first of I don\'t see it happen that often already I mean you don\'t get anything and they don\'t really die they respawn in the DeathRealm so there isn\'t that much joy to get out of that. Plus this isn\'t one of those buttonbashgames so people don\'t get much enjoyment through that way either.

Anyhow if you do implement playerfighting with more liberty to PS I think it\'s realistic to admit the game should limit it more then just the above. Perhaps there should be areas made where you can fight without having to challenge. You could make it a place where you have challenges between guilds like king of the hill or whatever tournaments you can come up with or make it so there is treasure there but it\'s not spawned that often so there are players fighting over the treasures there.

An other way might be to have people chose an alignment and have people of oposite aligments being able to fight.

You could also limit fighting to people who have about the same amount number of points trained in the fighting skillls and stats.

Plenty of ideas there I think and haven\'t even thought about how you could just make it very hard for a guildwar but not impossible without the others consent

To conclude I just want to say I don\'t want fighting on every streetcorner. I don\'t want newbs being slaughtered by the deathsquads near the spawningpoint , but I also strongly believe that having no option AT ALL to have fights without an others consent is tottally unrealistic.

Lutz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2005, 09:20:33 pm »
Originally posted by Kwip
  A nice drought, plague, darkness falling upon the land,

ummm...I don\'t think there can be a darkness falling on the land...read the history section on the PS homepage and you\'ll see what I mean
The hunt is on, but what do I hunt? I hunt those that would desturb the peace.
-Areneren

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 07:04:46 am »
So the chrystal doesn\'t send out light anymore. WHy couldn\'t that happen if EVIL is involved? That would really give people something to be scared about, but agree it can\'t be just a roving bandleader who makes that happen ;)

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 07:52:29 am »
you are right....that is how real life is... just now i when i went out to buy some stuff... i saw a guy beat a child with an axe while screaming \"die you n00b\"...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know thats not what i ment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
by the way it\'s not cool to write cool as KOOL... KOOL is a brand of cigarettes
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who said i was trying to be kool? Thats just the way i write it. Just like when i write school as skool. And pls don\'t write about how i write! It\'s so lame when people do that.

now please go play COD or DIablo.... or Counterstrike or whatever quick fix game you like

I don\'t like any of them games.  I mainly like warcraft starcraft.  And the only shooter games i like are the ones where you get a base and tank stuff like that. and last a long time. PlaneShift is the 1st RPG game i ever played. And i only like playing it because it looks like it will turn out to be a pritty good game. So even if i say bad things about the game i still like it VERY much.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 08:01:57 am by Soulless_Body »

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/1638/youare6ml.swf

Kaseijin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2005, 08:56:25 am »
i am breaking my promise...and posting here
just to say that i might have too hard on Sawless bodee

for the rest of the message go here since it does not belong on this forum
i actually play planeshift

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2005, 09:16:59 am »
Originally posted by Soulless_Body
you are right....that is how real life is... just now i when i went out to buy some stuff... i saw a guy beat a child with an axe while screaming \"die you n00b\"...

You know thats not what i ment!

But that is what would happen,

Back on Topic:

Anyways, I would be for some Huge events,

Invasions of the stone labyrinth, carnivals, diseases, a government coup, maybe even an exodus into a new realm.

There are many things possible.
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »
Originally posted by Kwip
Well once the game has some more added I believe some guilds will try to do this themselves, though I dont think they intend to lose.  I know a few crazy (evil crazy, not weird crazy like me ;) ) leaders that would only be to happy to destroy every thing in their path, as well as a few that would like to destroy anything dark and evil in their\'s.

And I know just a organisation that will oppose those...we of The Holy Searing...:D

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

WizardsRule

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2005, 11:27:50 pm »
There could be a time of when guild wars could occur.

The evils of past repeat themselves in many shapes and forms