Author Topic: more death= more fun!  (Read 3025 times)

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 08:58:12 pm »
the discusion for pvp is still open! the next update is only crystal blue! there is plenty of time! if the system used for crystal blue is a stinker and the devs relize that no pvp wont work then they will most likely come to these threads for ideas! You guys act like once crystal blue is done all books are closed and some of you act like the book is already closed! this is crazy and i wont give up because there is no way in he** that no pvp will work! Its just not a mmorpg anymore after that... a first person one at that.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 11:13:31 pm »
Originally posted by dfryer
When it comes to PK, the devs created this as a sub-forum of \"wish list\" *just* so all the PK fans wouldn\'t mess everything else up wishing for a PK that was never going to come.
So in this case, wish list does mean that no matter how hard people wish for unrestricted PK, it never will happen.  The developers know what kind of game they want to create; if you have an idea that they\'ve never heard of before, then they\'re interested in hearing it (and implementing it if it fits in with what they want).
I think Gronomist was just trying to clear up the impression that some people occasionally seem to have, which is that the developers are the unpaid servants of everyone on these boards who wants to create their own MMORPG.  Obviously (from your last post) you understand that this isn\'t the case.   There\'s no need to be coarse about it... like sand.  Sand is coarse.

Beautiful, I must say I have seen many demands for features in the game without a single \"please\" in the post. You guys, it\'s like you are making the game and arguing about what to put in it, have a little respect and thought on what the dev\'s are doing about things as well. Hollering and jabbering about nothing will get you no where, so maybe some decent PK/Pvp posts, huh?  :P

I mean, imagine if the Dev\'s didn\'t give you all this sub-forum? The horror  8o  8o , 1000+ posts on the subject, including ones that find their way to general discussion or other forums, which get good posts deleted, or are just annoying. I am not saying agree on something, but have a little concern for other players, like this was a form for spouting your character\'s intentions in the pre-final release ( i know it will never be finished, ease-up!) or your views on why death should be every where 24-7 like a Troma Film 7-11.  

And, I really don\'t think that the Dev\'s havent\' seen every possible combination of the same trite all over again. It\'s all in the first 10 posts of this sub-forum...and in the next ten, ....and in the last ten. Why would they get \"new\" ideas from here?  :rolleyes:

You guys act like once crystal blue is done all books are closed and some of you act like the book is already closed! this is crazy and i wont give up because there is no way in he** that no pvp will work! Its just not a mmorpg anymore after that... a first person one at that.

Yeah, Whemy, but whether it\'s a GOOD and FAIR MMORPG is the goal, not based on killing and  being killed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.   :P  And relax, as long as the forums are open I don\'t think this subject will die. ;)

And, First Person  whemy? Try pressing the \"M\" key sometime. :P   :rolleyes:

*(edit) Added smiley faces since I thought I was being too agressive.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 11:17:04 pm by Harwen »

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2003, 06:07:14 am »
Originally posted by whemyfield
the discusion for pvp is still open! the next update is only crystal blue! there is plenty of time! if the system used for crystal blue is a stinker and the devs relize that no pvp wont work then they will most likely come to these threads for ideas! You guys act like once crystal blue is done all books are closed and some of you act like the book is already closed! this is crazy and i wont give up because there is no way in he** that no pvp will work! Its just not a mmorpg anymore after that... a first person one at that.

Try discussing this with Paxx, I\'m sure that he can be able to tell you that the books have been closed long ago, and they\'ll not be re-opened unless the devs want them to be open. :)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2003, 09:36:31 am »
Ah, Thanks Gronomist, Sweet, sweet closure... :D

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2003, 07:28:17 pm »
hardly a closure... i still have much to say. much of this goes to harwen. for someone who b****es about how much i dont say anything new neither do you. how bout you read all the posts for once because alll of the stuff you have said is in THIS post. Also replying to your rant about how im ungratefull and i never have said please, for the billionth time THIS IS A WISH LIST!!! a list which i may say you wish in! I am wishing! NOT DEMANDING! In fact all I am asking and not demanding right now is for you guys to read what i have to say! Instead you flame it, repeating everything you see from everyone else!

Also to your second rant about  \"I mean, imagine if the Dev\'s didn\'t give you all this sub-forum? The horror...\"  
They made the subforum so people would spam the wishlist! They made a subforum because these posts are important!!

You also talk about how the devs have seen every combination and this is no different. I have posted lots of things that are different! Look back! Check the posts! I DID! There nothing that comprimises PVP with no PVP like mine does before this post! Do your homework before you spam!

So i will finish talking about you Harwen on this note... Do you think I\'m such an idiot that I dont know i can change from first person to 3rd person? Are you a complete idiot? I wasn\'t born yesterday! I have 278+ posts I think i would at least know how to change views in game... Why don\'t you tell me the whole command to transfer crystals between 2 accounts?

Now to Gromonist\' post...
The books i have explained are not closed because If this whole no PVP hits the fan like the S*** it is then they will check these boards to find ideas for a new PVP system. Decisions bigger than these have been changed in betas many-a-time...

Thank you for reading... If you havnt read the whole post... dont even bother responding... you\'ve probally done it before and look where it has gotten you.

Whemyfield

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2003, 08:23:27 pm »
1) Just because my posts are somewhat lengthy doesn\'t mean they are Spam.

2) You are flaming me for what? Having a point?

3) Again, I wasn\'t talking about YOU being ungrateful, did I say anywhere in my post \"Whemyfeild is so ungrateful, he never says \"please\" and is always demanding features from the dev\'s\"? No, I didn\'t so get off my c***, will ya?

4) I was joking about the changing views. I did not mean to insult you personally, you should have not been offended (look at the smiley face). You shouldn\'t have called me an idiot, it was uncalled for. And again, I apologise for the offense. Also, if you notice I only reffered to you about the fairness of the systems and suggestions to all types of players.

5) I stand firm on my stance that none of this is new, yes, whemy they are different if you want to be technical, but essentially they are all the same if you want to talk more about it, fine but unless you make some ground, some actual ground not just reciting your same point(never said you didn\'t have one)  over and over. And I was talking about repeating the same bad things over and over again, if you look at my suggestions they have the fairness of other player\'s tastes in mind. Give me an example of me being a hypocrite, I dare ya.

and finally, whemy if you want to call me an idiot please don\'t clutter the forum with it, that\'s why I don\'t hide my email/irc/aim/msn from anyone.

P.S. I\'d be an a****** if I didn\'t read everyone else\'s posts and then write these ridiculously long ones.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2003, 08:50:49 pm »
im sorry to call you an idiot harwen but i have to use harsh words when i want people to hear me. for some reason its the only way some people listen (and im not saying you are one of these people) I am aware i repeat myself but i have had to because everyone says the same thing and you have to admit you have said the alot of the same things that every anti PK person has said. Prove me wrong and ill never say another word about it.

This being said i am very insulted you would think this post is pointless and i havent said anything new. no one else has said anything about giving harsh penalties for death in this game. everyone has been PK or Anti PK and this was spurred on by an old poll that only let you really pick PK or no PK which was a horrible way to bring it together (sorry paxx). Harsh penalties are a way to make PKing manageable to both PK supporters and haters. Saying that i have made no new points is stupid as stupid as is wrong.

With my Personal Consent,
                                                                Whemyfield

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2003, 09:52:33 pm »
Thanks Whemy, I appreciate your post and I understand your motives. I pobably did insinuate that this post was pointless and I\'m sorry. Maybe you could help my new post in this forum get some replies? No one seems to like me for some reason.... ;)

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2003, 10:50:49 pm »
sure anytime just send me a link to me via private message.  

Well I guess this is the conclusion to my post... What have we learned? Well alot... for one we have learned that fighting never gets anywhere. 2nd we have learned that even though many dissagree with PVP the majority would love a compromise by adding penalties to PvP. 3rd we have learned name calling is bad! 4th and final we have learned sand in the v*gin* is very course...

That brings us finally to the sweet, sweet (Real) closure... Thank You and Happy Holidays...

*P.S to the devs could you lock this post? Seems everything that can be said has been said and it looks like a great post if no one would add anything... Thanks*

Whemyfield

akomm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2004, 10:42:13 am »
33% skill lose is stupid.

But 33% Skill lose wich you can gain back for crystals( or something else) is better.

That would instantly make it expensiver then higher you are.. if you have 500 you have to heal more and you pay more for each skill point.
If you pay every point 2 crystals or more (example value)

Something like after death sickness.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 10:46:07 am by akomm »

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2004, 02:24:57 am »
Originally posted by whemyfield
To truly make this game different from lots of other mmorpgs maybe there should be heavier death penalties. like tremendous experience decreases. this would fix so much... people wouldnt just go suicidal into a forest and see how much xp they could gain. I mean really would u do that in real life? Instead more penalties should be given for dieing and better xp for killing things. This combined with realistic battle (a rabbit or dog could not survive being hacked at by a  
human being with a sword.) would make the game very interesting. Life would be sacred in a game for once instead of people boldly killing others. There would be a sense of community. This would add so much spice to a game already unlike others. The market is filled with mmorpgs with no real value for life. Why make the same mistake over and over.... start here.... please?

Amen Brother
 but sadly this we will also get some idoits doing nutting but farming and crafting all day inflating the economie(SP) makeing cash useless and by then we will be trading weapons instead just like diablo
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Quenzer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2004, 04:13:18 pm »
I think there are many opinions right.

On the one side, you have Diablo, it sux, u get screwed with high lvl arses that are nerd and play the damn game all day.

Aight, on the other side, cmon man, what\'s a game without fighting? If u would always be outside danger\'s range, how boring...
Just the rush of adrenaline flowing through ur veigns, it gives a kick.

And right, you would be trading weapons and stuff, just like in Diablo if some people deside to be outside dangerzones and they would lead the game, that\'s obviously not what we want!

Now here I got a sollution:

If u just can\'t be killed the first 10 levels (for example, it\'s all about how fast u are out of the n00b-stage)

Then, ok, ur lvl 50, and a lvl 99 arse comes @ u, and he\'s gonna kill u, no way man, I stuck my spare time in this game, so u run, eventually then the nerds will rule the game (just like in diablo), cause they will be the first ones who have nice chars.

Ok, now, proposal, ur lvl 50, u can fight with characters in the range of lvls 45 to 55, it gives enough players u can fight in the game then, and the fights will be more equilized, nobody get\'s n00bed, or just get screwed by someone who\'s 20 lvls higher than he is.

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:13:06 pm by Karyuu »

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2004, 02:01:50 am »
sounds like The game that should not be mentioned

pking is fun and you know it but no one likes to get owned and have thier uber items taken from them
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2004, 09:58:30 am »
I am locking this down because the useless vulgarity by  whemyfield and others is past my threshold of tolerance.

I will again point out that I really don?t like to censor anything, but do not insult people on this thread, idiot and moron used once at someone is perhaps ok, and some idiot as opposed to some D***a** is highly preferred.

On the use of vulgarity.
Using astrixes or other symbols to outline a word are just as vulgar as the use of the word.

If this continues I will take further measures to make sure that it is not done again here.
-Paxx