6 (9.4%)
Crystal
34 (53.1%)
Dark
11 (17.2%)
Red
7 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Magic Ways  (Read 1509 times)

drJack

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • Storyliner
    • View Profile
    • Fantasy Eydor
Magic Ways
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:24:43 pm »
Hey, it's me again. Asking for player opinions :).

We're creating some sets of quests for the magic Ways, and cause of organization, we planned to complete them one at a time.
The structure of every Way quest is already defined (and the Azure Way quests are almost completed.)
Now we're editing all the rest, so we can test them very soon.

I'm here to ask your preference, to know what is the Way with more players in, so to implement the one with more players to try the quests.

So... what is your favoutire color?
As I said Azure is almost finished, so the choice remains to the other ways:
Red, Blue, Brown, Crystal or Dark.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:37:31 am by drJack »
Perfection is only a limit to improvement.  -  Fantasy Eydor

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Ways
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:21:44 pm »
I don't exactly know why you need player opinion on it since the settings of the magic and each way should all be presented if you are to add them to quests. When it comes to players trying out your quests I don't see why the testers couldn't and there are plenty of PLers that have perfected every way that could run these little trials. (Do you work in settings?  ???)

When you stated the choices you said "Red" twice, and forgot about the unanimous vote of crystal.

-sig by sarras

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:23:42 pm »
My favorite is crystal because it is healing and will one day be able to bring people back from the DR.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:35:02 pm by Illysia »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:02 am »
Red, Blue, Brown, Red or Dark.

You missed the (already) most wanted. ;)

Uhm, like Geoni already said...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Tirion

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:00:27 am »
My favorite's dark
Quote from: bloodedIrishman
Have some hope for the human race. We might be misery incarnate but with a little goodwill and some understanding we tend to shine now and again.

drJack

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • Storyliner
    • View Profile
    • Fantasy Eydor
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:53 am »
@ Geoni:
Yes, I work in settings. I tried to say the less possible, to do not make any spoils.
But it really could be useful to know how many players are in every way.
Yes... twice red is a fault :p.

@ Ligh:
You missed the (already) most wanted
Changed :p.

Thanks for all the answer and for the votes.
Perfection is only a limit to improvement.  -  Fantasy Eydor

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 09:01:02 pm »
I like purple

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 11:24:08 am »
I do mostly Dark, but that happened because of glyphs availability in game.
I planned to do Brown at creation time, so I still vote for it as my potential favorite.

Shadow1490

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:30 am »
Blue way sounds nice, especially the ice and cold bit. Oh, and curing poisons and disease is cool too. (No pun intended.)
Optimists are just cynics waiting to happen.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 05:34:21 pm »
Thanks for asking drjack~

Roled is working very hard and spending all his tria to achieve mastery of Crystal Way because it is the healing magic, and seems to be the way a not- very -strong Dermorian can have the most positive influence among his friends and strangers in need of help. He was helped when he was very weak and feels it is Xiosia's calling and blessing to help heal his world peacefully and to help in the balance of the evil and violent influences.

And to be truthful, the energy arrow spell is the only way Roled can effectively hunt in the wilds, and the healing flash spell is the way he can recover if a maulber catches up to him while he is chanting the magic spell.

Sages have advised Roled to study all the Ways as well, so he is attempting to do so, but is far below mastery in the other Ways. For a while his Brother loaned him the rare Water glyph of the Blue Way which is an amazing magic, but when his Brother went to the wild lands he took the glyph back, as he should, for his own protection. His Brother is the only Blue Way Master Roled has ever met in Yliakum.

So more quests involving Xiosia and healing would be terrific! I also posted some ideas under the thread about factions a while back, suggesting other glyphs and spells that might be useful and fun. If I can figure out how to find that thread and quote it here  I will add it as an edit.

Thanks!
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:52:01 am »

I'm here to ask your preference, to know what is the Way with more players in, so to implement the one with more players to try the quests.

So... what is your favoutire color?

I don't think it's about player preference, but about having all ways balanced compared to each other

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 07:53:26 am »
I don't think it's about player preference, but about having all ways balanced compared to each other

Here is the explanation:

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:02 am »
It's Planeshift.

Guys.

Guys!

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 08:37:03 pm »
I love dark since it adds up to the best rp's  :devil:

The worst however is blue, because you need a water glyph for it to of any use and we all know that glyph is common.  :thumbdown: Honestly I don't think water glyph should be a GM glyph since blue way is so dependent on it.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 08:58:45 pm »
I love dark since it adds up to the best rp's  :devil:

The worst however is blue, because you need a water glyph for it to of any use and we all know that glyph is common.  :thumbdown: Honestly I don't think water glyph should be a GM glyph since blue way is so dependent on it.

I don't think any of the useful glyphs should be GM event items.  Given how rarel GM events are, and that they don't give out awards at every event, and that the number of awards given out are limited...  From what I've seen only a single glyph has been given out so far this year.  The Water glyph especially is required for nearly all functioning Blue Way spells, so I really hope they implement it soon.