Author Topic: In honor of Dakkru  (Read 1591 times)

jaculapundactum

In honor of Dakkru
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:52:57 am »
Untitled
By Jacula Pundactum

In shadows tight embrace
She fed my twisted mind
A taste of dark to come, resting by her side
Through her silent whisper
I crept into the night
To deal death onto those
Who took her name in vain
Who through arrogance and pride
made their way through life
The smell of fear reach to the skies
Their begging smothered by her grace
Their souls consumed and tainted
Scorn the blasphemer did i
And no remorse i feel
For profanity i punish hard
To look beyond her veil
She speaks to me
She feeds my roaring flame
For in my mind she carved her name
Dakkru, lead my way

[feel free to add your own poems and haiku's on the subject]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:52:03 am by jaculapundactum »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: In honor of Dakkru
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:04 am »
* Erelenga Karal feels free to review this book for Jayose once it is finished.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

jaculapundactum

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:08:47 am »
[A kind offer, it's finished except a few tweaks to be had. Yet it is the problem of keeping alignment with the black flame secret in game, would it be considered OOC for such a book to have a place in the library?]

Rigwyn

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:03:39 am »

I don't see how this would be related to BlackFlame ?
Only question is whether or not the library is liberal enough to provide a pro-Dakkru poem.

Nice work by the way :)

jaculapundactum

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:34:32 am »
Thank you, i have written a book on the subject, not related to this poem.. The book treats both alignment with Dakkru and the black flame, i am still deciding however i should publish it though. And who knows.. maybe Jayose has some wickedness inside of him as well  :devil:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:32:36 am »
A book about Black Flame will surely not appear in Jayose's library, I could bet...

Censored by XilliX*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:50:45 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Gurth Quakemaul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:47 am »
Thank you, i have written a book on the subject, not related to this poem.. The book treats both alignment with Dakkru and the black flame, i am still deciding however i should publish it though. And who knows.. maybe Jayose has some wickedness inside of him as well  :devil:

He does. You should see the tria shining in his eyes when you mention Holy Writings. The man would wring the Iron Temple's coffers dry given half the chance.

Zytorr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:23:03 am »
Nice poem Jacula, very nice. However an important consideration: Dakkru and Blackflame are not on the same side. And although not directly stated there are many inferences. Settings already state that the Blackflame desires to destroy the Death Realm as well as the people of Ylikum and their gods. Dakkru would surely have an issue with this. I can appreciate that a Dakkru follower could become Blackflame, but it does not make sense that then the Blackflame would support Dakkru. ....unless maybe as a deception to turn on her later. (hehe or should I say muu ha ha ha)

Definitely no books mentioning Blackflame should be in any of the libraries, except for the Blackflame Temple library. Maintaining a veil of secrecy is a big part of the fun. My main character has gotten IC knowledge of the Blackflame carefully through other characters and tells this story to others, even with hand scribed copies of books from the Blackflame temple library. But this is done very selectively also leaving him to be seen by some as simply a story teller of nightmares. Qata has pledged to Xiosia to help defend and protect Yliakum and its people.