Author Topic: Well then, here it goes  (Read 432 times)

HaRo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Well then, here it goes
« on: May 25, 2002, 06:01:33 am »
First of all, nice world. I had a few problems walking around in it, well, in fact, i simply fell through the floor 8o . Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to climb back up.  :))

Well, now i roam the vast underground plane. :D

I want a FLOOR without a fallthrough possibility...

After all, with some time and work by the staff this may become great.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2002, 06:46:08 am »
Hey, you know to hit /spawn when that happens, right? Give it a few tries, and maybe the floor will decide to support you :P I had the same problem... The first time I started, I spawned way the hell away from everything, down on the floor beneath the city :P I walked all the way to the city before discovering that it was all above my head. :P

HaRo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Wheeee !
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2002, 08:10:34 am »
Wowie, thanks ! This is good. I must have over-read this command in the tutorial section. Thanks, i\'ll try that immediately.=)

Edit : It is not mentioned in the \"first connection\" thing in the player guide. I think it will help a LOT to add it  :] see, i can be useful for something *g*

Naah, speaking without joke, i\'ll be a good testplayer hehe. Have a little experience in alpha-and betatesting some free MMORPGs(as well as a GM). I\'ll give a short overview of some necessary things we found out, some \"the hard way\" *g*

Important, if we want to roleplay without \"problem players\", is an account-like database thingy.
This is definitely necessary with time : A game like this one will, in some time, attract hundreds of players throughout the whole world. Amongst these will be roleplayers, and MANY very young people who cannot even explain what roleplay is ( and use quite a slang, watch Tibia for an example ). These ones will use bugs and powergame their skills, driving away the roleplayers, this WILL happen as soon as player numbers reach a certain amount. But Account systems can be realized in different ways.

The most sense makes an account-database where the player, in order to create an account, has to write several texts as an answer to questions, for testing roleplay understanding. This will be stored as an account in a Database.
Game Masters, Administrators, or generally those people with the job to \"activate\" these accounts after reading the applications, will log into that database when they have time, browse through the applications, read them, and accept the accounts - or deny if the player answers like \"Roleplaying is killing monsters and other players and become the best in all skills fast and get the best equipment\" - such answers WILL come for sure.
This database system needs to be programmed, so it will need work, but it will keep the \"flow\" of applications easy to overview, and it will take the shortest time, since it is the most flexible way.

Other method : Email application system. Applications are sent to one GM or staff members per email, divided randomly or however.
I have tested several UO freeshard account systems as a player, and made some bad experiences with such email applications : It can take SOME time if the GM who receives the email has no time to read it - or, if you apply with some long text (hehe) and the GM looses the interest in reading (so answers should be brief and hit the point).
The waiting times were between 2 days (fast) and 3 weeks, two were not answered until today...

For those of you who like to roleplay, visit illarion at http://www.illarion.de in between. It is only a windows-Client and the graphics are still quite poor until the update, AND we still have no account - system *ggg* but it will shorten the waiting time, and it\'s free.

Keep up the good work, this here will become great !
« Last Edit: May 25, 2002, 08:53:54 am by HaRo »