Author Topic: The Planeshift world in general  (Read 349 times)

Shinji

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The Planeshift world in general
« on: July 31, 2002, 07:45:05 pm »
I keep running into the very same issue every single time I play a MMORPG. In MMORPG\'s you would usually want Role-Play to be highly regarded, and the world to be as much like the imagined world.. therefore, for example.. the big issue PKing.. say perhaps in the PS world, as in imagine it as if it were real not the game, if someone killed someone.. everyone walking on the streets would turn and try to catch the guy while city gaurds came to attack.. now, in the game world, it is different.. the player could just log out, or the people walking around if there were any, would do nothing possibly. Then we come to things such as guilds making a siege on a city, everything like that. In full respect, I don\'t think there should be any PK rules at all, but rather ingame laws made by the ingame government against murder. And then there\'s the issue where players come back to life.. I suppose you understand what I mean.. there are several issues regarding almost all aspects of MMORPGs, making it as real as possible, however, making it playable.

kotkovetz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 12:06:32 am »
If im reading you correctly, most of the time they have a time limit after doing certain activites that you cannot log out, such as a battle. Therefor you could not just log out, and im sure the guards would be pretty beefy and numerous.