Author Topic: Mini Games!  (Read 1878 times)

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2003, 07:47:57 pm »
Originally posted by EstafanCortez

p.s. the poke crystals is pushing on copyright infingment :P

lol...actually it is completely legal as long as everything has a different name. and at least a tiny difference.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2003, 04:31:09 am »
thats why there can be 2 george bushs... cuz of the W...

maybe bush minigames, where u try to figure out why bush is a retard?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 04:37:42 am by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2003, 09:11:47 am »
Uh oh, this thread is going down...
This game is meant to be somewhat Unique right?
Stop talking about \"pok?crystals\", because that is just a ripoff and shouldn\'t be included in a game of this quality ;)

Who likes Bush anyway... ?( He\'s a cowboy who still belives that he live in the Wild West :D (Now go on with the thread please)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 09:28:34 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Chlerval

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2003, 10:35:55 am »
Alchemy contests.

Collect the ingredients, and make X different potions (Like 1 healing, 1 invissible, 1 unpoison, etc.) as fast as possible (faster than the other contestors).
There can also be groups that you will divided into, based on how much skill in alchemy you have.
Linux using communist; who hates windoze versions.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2003, 10:42:59 am »
Not a bad idea. It would be cool if there were many teams who cooperated.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 10:45:25 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Grey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2003, 03:37:45 pm »
I think a comprehensive baking system would do this game good.  Characters find or buy ingredients and stick them together, not exactly knowing what is going to come out.  You could actually go to an oven and time your cooking, and watch if it turns golden brown or the desired colour.  If that could be accomplished, a baking contest could be made where the made items are rated from 1-100 or something in their description screen based on how well they were cooked, the ratio of ingredients, and the quality of ingredients.  This could also be done with alchemy and brewing.  Time would flow in the brewer even if you were on or not, and you would need  to time it right so that it doesn\'t go bad.  I don\'t know the plausability of this, but its just an idea.
\"All that seperates them from the shambling walk of the zombie are the quiet lies the Locust tells\" -Harlan Ellison

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2003, 03:58:02 pm »
Card games were mentioned earlier, so I thought I would post my idea for a typical PS card deck:

Card Deck Concept Idea:

6 suits of 7 cards each (42 cards total)
Each suit has 1-5 numbered cards, along with a Talad and Laanx aspect card.
The gods could be replaced by an Octarch and Vigesimi to better follow conventional deck.

The suits could be element based:
Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Light, and Shadow.
Or you could also do a \'Way\' based suit system.

With this, many modern card games could be modified to fit this system, while it is different enough to add dynamics for new PS card games.

EDIT:

I had a second idea for a card deck in PS:

8 suits, 1 named for each level.
Each suit has an Octarch card, a Vigesimi card, and a Crystal card (takes place of Ace / 1).
The other suits have a decending number of cards. The first suit has numbered cards 2-8, the second 2-7....and the last suit has no numbered cards (just Crystal and Face cards).

You end up with a total of 52 cards.

You can probably think up some interesting gambling games with a deck like that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 07:24:09 pm by kinshadow »

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2003, 04:57:19 pm »
And there\'s gotta be chess and checkers too!  Don\'t forget them.

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2003, 11:03:37 pm »
Grey:
while that baking system would be realist... it would also be boring as hell.  My ideal game simulates a lot of realistic things from life, but leaves out all of the things that suck... that arent fun.  Waiting for 2 hours for your cake to finish baking is not fun, especially if you wait a little too long and end up with burnt bread.  This part of life sucks.  Why would we want to reproduce it in a game?  Wouldn\'t it be better to have it cook instantly?  Games should not reproduce things that suck.

Aruneko:
i dont feel right about having games that are available on yahoo and in real life like chess and checkers... i like the idea of having original games... games that are similar to chess/checkers but still original and PS themed should be okay.

an example is: having a regular 4 suited 52 card deck would be unappealing, but having a deck of a type kinshadow mentioned would be original and interesting.  

Cards may even be more complex with a different number in each of the 4 corners or along each of the 4 sides of the card.  This could be used in the PS card game, which I will call \"Kanuk\".  Kanuk may also involve some sort of iregularly shaped die (or dice).  And so a combination of playing cards and throwing dice create the popular and challenging game of Kanuk.  If this sounds interesting to anyone, I challenge you to create the rules for the game of Kanuk. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 11:14:42 pm by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2003, 02:47:51 am »
Hmmm, not a bad idea about the \"original\" games. That would make the game become more realistic (how the heck could games like chess be known in the world of PS?)
Well, I\'m not very good at coming up with rules...especially not now when I\'m tired and it\'s early in the morning :O
Let players give some suggestions about new card-games and board-games. It would be interesting to see what players could come up with :)

The baking idea isn\'t a bad idea thought. It would be good if you had to time the time right to success (not for 2 hours thought, 10 secs would be better, and the idea needs to be improved)
It\'s boring when you just collect the ingredients and put it in an oven (reminds me of the game-that-shall-not-be-named)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 02:48:20 am by Fanomatic2000 »

rathma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
mini game
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2003, 12:34:13 pm »
I would be excited of mini games too in Planeshift, i got an idea for a mini game. There could be a huge sphere for an arena where everyones watching. and all the warriors have to ride dragons and shoot the other players on the dragons, and when you attack the dragon enough it will fall to the ground, taking the player on the dragon with them, and the last one in the air wins money

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2003, 03:52:23 pm »
Have you played \"Drakan:  order of the flame ? I think it sounds very similar somehow :P

rathma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2003, 04:43:09 pm »
So is there the same mini game i was thinking of? Rats! why can\'t any of my ideas be original, lousy television and computer, you\'ve robbed me of creativity  :baby: