Author Topic: Transportation  (Read 1773 times)

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 09:31:54 pm »
Originally posted by Wormtail_
I\'m not sure whether a Kran would be able to ride, say, a giant slug.

I don\'t have a problem with krans riding on giant slugs; unless krans are salt-based... but last I checked it was silicon so there shouldnt be a problem there :P

However a better example might be a kran trying to ride on a small birdlike creature... eek, poor bird would be nailed to the ground and the kran would just be sitting there on top of it saying \'go lil birdeyyy!\'

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2003, 10:07:30 pm »
Or maybe Krans can be used as transportation vehicles ;)
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

zaphar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2003, 10:26:54 pm »
LOL thats a great idea
*Zaphar grins roguishly as he exits the post

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 01:44:41 pm »
Im a kran, and there is now way something is gona ride on me..............

:D I would rather have the little birdy :D

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 03:47:49 pm »
Will certain races be more friendly with different animals? Like klyros would be friendlier with dragon type flying creatures because they look alike.

Sorry vodka, you\'re going to have to let the lil\' birdie go...

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2003, 04:07:25 pm »
dont torture the birds its not there fault krans are overweight    but i do want horses and slugs  :D

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2003, 09:56:32 am »
Bah, life getting busy.

When I was thinking of slugs, I was thinking about those types that, erm, die when you step on them. Anyway, back to the topic.

Perhaps there can be five types of transportation: Living, mechanical, magical, other, and a combination of the foremetioned types of transporatation. Then, those types of transporatation can go on five \'areas:\' Earth (caves, surface, so on), water (both on water and underwater), air, magical,other, and a combination of the four mentioned.

Now, these types of transportation may be used fo other purposes, such as combat or cooking, if you find a way to do both. However, this thread is based on transportation, so I\'ll leave it at that.

Lving methods of transportation are pretty simple. Horses, llamas, walking trees (perhaps magical as well?), etc. Those mentioned would go on the ground, and would carry x amount of travelers, also based on the race of the travelers.

This is more of an organization thingy than an idea, but what do you think? Perhaps then we can start dropping ideas on ways of transporation... Or not....
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aigon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2003, 11:24:30 am »
Originally posted by Wormtail_
Bah, life getting busy.

When I was thinking of slugs, I was thinking about those types that, erm, die when you step on them. Anyway, back to the topic.

Perhaps there can be five types of transportation: Living, mechanical, magical, other, and a combination of the foremetioned types of transporatation. Then, those types of transporatation can go on five \'areas:\' Earth (caves, surface, so on), water (both on water and underwater), air, magical,other, and a combination of the four mentioned.

Now, these types of transportation may be used fo other purposes, such as combat or cooking, if you find a way to do both. However, this thread is based on transportation, so I\'ll leave it at that.

Lving methods of transportation are pretty simple. Horses, llamas, walking trees (perhaps magical as well?), etc. Those mentioned would go on the ground, and would carry x amount of travelers, also based on the race of the travelers.

This is more of an organization thingy than an idea, but what do you think? Perhaps then we can start dropping ideas on ways of transporation... Or not....

i think that thats a really good idea cos ive played quite alot of mmorpg like eq, daoc, swg and stuff and the transport has never really been thourght about properly.  So i think that if transport is brought into game that it need so be thourght bout properly and have these little features like wot uve suggested =)

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2003, 03:42:01 pm »
Will animals have stats as well? If you stick with the same horse/slug/rampaging elephant for a while, it would get stronger and be more loyal to you. If you had low animal empathy animals would obey you less, so both you and the animal would train.

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2003, 10:04:57 am »
I like the idea of animals having stats. Anyway, monsters have stats, or at least I would think they do. NPCs could have stats as well, but I\'m not sure what knowing the stats will do for you. Anyhow, after looking through some old posts, I found something that deals with pack animals but mentions mounts. Slightly off-topic there, but I think on the verge of going off-topic here. Not quite on the other side, though.

Pack animals would be nice. The only problem I can see is how they can ride the Ptetasaurs (spelled incorrectly) around the city. Unless it is one of those flying creatures, of course. Perhaps there could be \'porte-like creatures\' in the game. Basically like pack animals, but two footed. There could be a limit to how many pack animals/porters you have.

On the topic of pack animals, perhaps they can wear armor as well, and on that topic, why not mounts as well? Of course, only the rich would be able to get their animals and porters full armor on weapons, but still, it\'s going to be an interesting addition.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 10:05:50 am by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Kakon178

• Traveller
    • View Profile
mounts
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2003, 12:55:02 pm »
Ya, that would be awsome to have mounts, like horses but you can get better mounts as you progress in the game like a dragon or somethin like it...

leach117

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2003, 11:53:39 am »
I personaly enjoy the way Planeshift is going by not haveing horses but flying animals. it makes it very original, not many other games(non  that i can think of) have a flying animal but horses are common and to plain. Not very Fantasy oriented. But that is just my personal opinion.
\"He who watches their back greet death from the front!\"
Uknown.

Grakrim

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2003, 12:19:03 pm »
Remember, the reason we have flying mounts is because we\'re in this big multi-level thing.  So a horse wouldn\'t be entirely useful, sure, you could put a horse on a lift, or walk it up the staircase, but its not as quick as hopping on a Pterosaur and flying (I believe there are supposed to be holes carved in the floors for this sort of thing).  Although, I wouldn\'t be surprised if we saw some land-based mounts, because I remember a reference to carriages in the setting.
\" I think you should just follow Grakrim\'s advice ;)\"

\"A universe is enough for more than one opinion.\" - Maxximus

RussianVodka

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2003, 02:51:15 pm »
Well horses cant fly...... but imagine trieng to use a dragon to run through a dence forest..... not a good idea is it

Q: How many Planeshifters does it take to expalin a simple concept to a newb?
A: Six. Five to argue on who\'s explanation is right, and Moogie to lock the thread.

Grakrim

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 03:19:26 pm »
Originally posted by RussianVodka
Well horses cant fly...... but imagine trieng to use a dragon to run through a dence forest..... not a good idea is it

How about flying over it? ;)
\" I think you should just follow Grakrim\'s advice ;)\"

\"A universe is enough for more than one opinion.\" - Maxximus