Author Topic: Forum Server Move  (Read 770 times)

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Forum Server Move
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »
Hello Everybody.

The forums are moving to a new server on Aug 17.   The previous hosting provider was bought by another and thus they are moving infrastructure.    The forum software and database will be moved ( along with the bug tracker ) to a new host.    I am in the process of testing the new software on the new server now with a test data load from the forums.   

The only issue that I have is getting the DNS updates done so you might have to go to the main PlaneShift website for the next little while to get the ip address of the forums until I get that sorted out.

Thanks,

Testing
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:59:03 pm by acraig »
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Server Move
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:43:45 pm »
I'm surprised you guys haven't posted the new url to planeshift.it or to the motd on #planeshift

Everything ok with the dns address? Is Tucows holding it for ransom or something?  :p

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:18:31 pm »
I poked them about changing the topic on the IRC chan so that's done already thanks to Lilu :)

estaga

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »
would be handy if the links from planeshift.it actually pointed to this location, the url for this forum post is: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=43025.msg479986;topicseen#new but should be http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/PlaneShift/smf/index.php?topic=43025.msg479986;topicseen#new. just something I noticed not trying to throw stones  :)

- estaga