Author Topic: race at howling well  (Read 812 times)

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
race at howling well
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:42:12 am »
i want to organize a tiny race through the howling well. 1st prize:15000 2nd prize 7000 3rd 3000. entrance fee 1000. max participants 30. min participants 26. if you come in first you'll stay first if you come in second.... Through te whole cave are ingots hidden. if your third and you have an ingot you'll become second. the second become's third. if you have an ingot and a stock you'll become and stay second. please give me comments about what you think. (the prize is not that much because i don't have that much money and because it's a tiny race)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:11:51 am by Aincer »

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: race at howling well
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:00:42 am »
Hi, a little pointer for you, taken from the "The Octarchal Decree of 425 AY"

XXXVIV. No person shall be permitted to conduct necromantic arts or toy with the bodies of the dead in such a way as to cause the true death or torment the soul of any person protected by the Octarchy in life. Further, to prevent the manipulation of the deceased and avoid the spread of infection, entering a burial well is expressly prohibited and punishable by banishment.

A little race perhaps in the sewers would be better, also a better chance of getting lost.

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:02 am »
A race at the sewers. Thank you very much fo the pointer. I know that the sewers are very complex but at the sewers there are two exits/entrance's if i held it there i would have to make sure the contestants don't use maps. And if the finish would just be somewhere in the sewers they would have an easy time finding it because the sewers are very large but there's always an ongoing path. So if i would have 26 contestants than if they took a few good turns they would finish in 2 minutes. It would be unfair for the rest. If i held it at the cave in howling well it's more of a race. But i think i know something else for in the sewers...... :devil:

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:23:07 am »
well there is always the ulber's cave
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:46:25 am »
i guess that's ojaroad cave. well i don't know how to get there or what it looks like

ravenrise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
It could be a secret unlawful race. Just because laws exist doesn't mean they hae to be followed, it would just make the race harder to organize, plus it would give more people the opertunity to roleplay off the event e.g. someone who has heard of the race and is plotting to stop it.

If you are offended by someone having a disease, please go tell them to stop.

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 01:32:25 pm »
of course i could do that but i shall wait till my fantasy has enough energy to generate yet another plot.....(i used to think of plots all the time before)... and i need more knowledge on that area so maybe later.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:01:24 am by Aincer »

Aincer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:47:04 am »
And now if people want to participate in the race you'll have to post it in this topic. The race will be held at monday 16 november at 19:00 german time. There will be some explaining so the race will probably start 5 minutes after because some may come later. If you are not at the finish within 7 minutes you automatically lose.... :devil:. You won't get your entrance fee back. The race will only start if there are more then 25 participants. The entrance fee will be collected at the outer howling well.

The race will be held in the howling well cave.

the rules are:
if you pick up the finish line you lose
there will be many finish lines and of course you'll have to cross the real one if you want to win
through the cave i dumped 2 stocks and lots of iron ingots if you get an ingot you'll get up in the ranks.
if you get an ingot and an stock you are second and you will stay second.
if you get first you'll stay first(unless you did something the rules don't allow.
if you don't get to the real finish within 7 minutes you lose
the finish is a circle of diamond crystals with in that a character
you won't get the prize money on the spot but later
and believe me the finish is not at the Death Trap
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:37:27 am by Aincer »

ravenrise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:56 am »
I will definitely be there, but you never told us exactly where the race is, did you decide howling well, or the sewers?

If you are offended by someone having a disease, please go tell them to stop.

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 04:13:44 pm »
The race will be held at monday 16 november at 7 pm

What is the time zone? i.e. 7 PM GMT; 7 PM EST

People need to know so they know when to get on at their time.

Jarexia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:58 pm »
25 participants? There`s a fair chance of that being half of Yliakum`s population. I`ve done Run For The Money in the sewers two or three times now and never had 20 participants, even at relatively high-population-times. For your first event you might want to start a little smaller.
(and be prepared for a few "I crashed out" Tells: this is the sewers)