Author Topic: [GM event] The Story of Fenwirdle Hambaro - Old Friends  (Read 600 times)

katu

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Settings Developer
    • View Profile
    • ghozm.org
[GM event] The Story of Fenwirdle Hambaro - Old Friends
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »
Groans come from the winch workers as another set of large shipments arrive from the lower levels, this time addressed to Mr. Hambaro..
...Meanwhile Fenwirdle and his assistant Diunti are sitting in the tavern enjoying Allelia’s hospitality and drinking hot wine and talking of their recent travels as a messenger gives them news of the delivery. "Finally, it is here! Miss Berinat it is now time for us to meet a good old friend of mine and he will be delighted when we deliver these goods." He sits back and smiles while taking a sip of his wine and continues "But we will need more than a whole caravan to transport everything. We will also have to recruit some guards and carriers to transport it all." Miss Berinat carefully scribbles in her notebook. "First things first, as soon as our wine is empty we go to the winch and check the goods. Then we go to the plaza and find us some help" Fenwirdle takes a bigger sip of his wine this time, eager to do business and meet his old friend.

OOC Information
Disclaimer: There will not be any goods sold or bought in this event. But there will be time for you to talk a bit of business with Mr. Hambaro, if any of the merchants amongst you wish it.

This event will be held Wednesday 13. January, at 03.00 GMT and continued Saturday 16. January, at 19.00 GMT.

See also:
The story of Fenwirdle Hambaro - Prologue
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36653.0

We will be happy for your comments:
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36654.0

katu

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Settings Developer
    • View Profile
    • ghozm.org
Re: [GM event] The Story of Fenwirdle Hambaro - Old Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:26:48 am »
Event write-up
The second part of this long tale is done and dusted. First off the Game Masters would like to thank all the players participating in both the events for their contributions. We felt there was good role play and I think both GMs and players had a lot of fun.

Now over to some more serious matters (yes we do take things seriously)! In the first event we had only 10 players which, of course, opened up the whole event to far more role-play along the way and the whole event went smoothly.
The second event had more than twice as many players came to take part and (obviously) because of this the first part of it was a bit slower and there was less room for role play. The event was also disrupted by a server crash, big thanks goes to Weltall for fixing it. This was very unfortunate as it cut off the part that was hopefully for role-play at Broken Door tavern (what has been reported as having the best Dermorian longbeard in the whole of the dome, please send complaints if you don’t like the drinks directly to Brado). But there is little we can do when Laanx goes to sleep (vote with your feet and chose a different god). But apart from those problems I think you have got a fair chance to know the basics of the characters in this story and perhaps you have got your foot in the door for things in the future.

It is important for this story that you all try to go with the flow. Play your character fully and by that become a part of the story. Don't do what you think we expect you to do (or what you think will happen in the event), do what your character will do and you will be rewarded better in the long run.

In these larger events there is very little room for personal role play, the main chat is quickly filled up and it is hard to pay attention and answer everyone. You may all be interested to know that the next handful of events will all be on a much smaller scale, and much more player input orientated. This means that you have a chance to influence what happens and what time scale things happen in and what you get out of it.

GMs participating:
Sarva, Marathal, Rhumdor, Venalan and Katu.

Please write your comments in the event comment thread: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36654.0

Here are a few tips for players regarding events: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21045.0
Read them even if you have done so before, so that future events will be even better.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »
The pair began their day, again at Kada’els. Mr. Hambaro woken by a series of sharp knocks to his door “Yes, thank you Miss Berinat. I am up.” And once ready headed down stairs. They stood not too far away from Allelia, but decided against bothering her as the tavern seems surprisingly busy.

Mr. Hambaro smiled as he noticed Miss Berinat immediately search the faces of the taverns customers, ‘such an assistant I am lucky to have’ he thought to himself.

Miss Berinat muttered to herself "Not a lot of prospects here." Looking over to her Mr. Hambaro asks “What's that, Miss Berinat?”, “Oh nothing Mr Hambaro I'm just worried about finding enough help to move the shipment today.”

A Dermorian approached Mr. Hambaro “Good day Mr. Hambaro” turning with a smile on his face he responded “Why hello, Miss Rito, how are you today?”, “I'm fine, very fine indeed. Mariko says: I made some good deals with the goods I got from you.”

Smiling again Mr. Hambaro was pleased to see people taking initiative “That's wonderful to hear!” The two partake in some casual conversation, his stay in Hydlaa, Jomed’s cooking. Miss Berinat looked to Mr. Hambaro and smiled before looking back to Mariko as the two talked.

The conversation quickly turned to the topic of the days business “Miss Rito, as it so happens, we do need some help with a small journey. Would you be willing to help us? I in return would be willing to pay a few circles to those who help.” Mariko seemed pleased with the offer “Of course, I always enjoy helping such a precious merchant as you are.” Mr Hambaro continued “We need help to get a shipment safely to Jirosh Mikana in Dsar Akkaio.” Mr Hambaro looked around the tavern while
Miss Berinat expanded on his explanation “We have need for some strong backs and some good fighters today.”

While people were offering their services to the pair, a Kran entered offering “Anyone here wants to read the news?” and with a small nod from Mr Hambaro, Miss Berinat walked over “I believe Mr. Hambaro would be interested in a copy of your newspaper.” Always wanting to keep abreast of all the happenings in Hydlaa now he had returned he felt this would be a good way to go about it.

Mr. Hambaro looked to Miss Berinat saying "Do you feel we have enough people to move our load?" she replied with a frown "Sir maybe we should head to the smith's shop to find some more people? I think we will need a few more to move everything today." The pair, with Miss Berinat calling the volunteers with them “Anyone who is interested in our job offer of 20 circles for carrying items of being a guard can follow me.” headed off into Hydlaa to the winch gate, via Harnquist the smith.

At the smith a final call is made by Miss Berinat “Twenty circles for a few strong backs and a few good guards” to try and gather more helpers. Once the crowd had gathered Mr Hambaro smiled warmly at them. Dinuti excused herself “Mr. Hambaro I should go and make sure the shipment is ready. If you will excuse me.” During the small time Dinuti was away a Klyros took the opportunity to introduce himself "Well, your name is Mister Hambaro, right?" Mr Hambaro turned around and faces the Klyros, smiling “Yes, I am. And who may you be, my good Klyros?” and extended a hand in greeting.

Mr. Hambaro, Miss Berinat and the gathered volunteers finally made it to the winch gate where the delivery was waiting. Miss Berinat looked at the crowd saying "Let me know what you can take and I'll give it to you." Those there to help transport the goods looked at the shipping list and offered to carry the items they could where upon Miss Berinat unpacked the items and distributed them.

“.....I could carry the mana and healing potions.”
“.....I could carry the falchions.”
“.....I could carry the furs”

A small crate was kept to one side on a cart, which was of course finally noticed. “You’ve got something really precious in this small box, haven’t you?”
“I don't think I have ever seen a faith glyph before.”
“Those are indeed pretty rare, it's the kinds of good I'm always hunting for as a merchant of the extraordinary”
"Faith glyph what's that?"
“In that small box.”
Mr. Hambaro silenced the chattering by saying “I'm sure everyone would like to carry the glyph. But that duty goes to my trusted and lovely assistant, Miss Berinat.”

The last of the items was handed out to the helpers and Mr. Hambaro smiled at Miss Berinat "Well done, Miss Berinat, as always!" and turned to the crowd. Miss Berinat quietly went to the cart and carefully took the Faith Glyph out of the box placing it in her pack.

“Alright, my friendly citizens. We so appreciate your willingness to help us! Please make sure we stay together as we make our way to Dsar Akkaio. There is safety in numbers." Mr. Hambaro then said to Miss Berinat smiling once more "We're off!"

The assembled group of people, swords in hand and packs on back headed off out through the east gate on their way to Dsar Akkaio. The trip was entirely uneventful, no rogues trying their luck, no creatures feeling hungry. Just how Mr. Hambaro had hoped it would be.

Passing the guards that flanked the gates to Dsar Akkaio they gave the caravan an excited smile. Such a load of goods and new faces had not passed by them in some time. From there they passed through into the warehouse district and to the store of Jirosh Mikana.

Jirosh, rather puzzled, looked up from his counter at all the people suddenly entering his little shop. Mr. Hambaro made his way through the crowd and smiled broadly as his eyes locked on Jirosh. He was met by a happy smile in return “Ah! My dear old friend, Mr Hambaro!” Mr. Hambaro responded “It has been so long since I have set foot in this shop, Mikana! And I am happy to notice that it hasn't changed! Did you get my message?”
Jirosh Mikana nodded “Yes, I got your message and all the arrangements are in place. I am so glad that you are finally here.”
“Wonderful! Allow me to introduce my assistant to you. Mr. Mikana, this is Miss Berinat. Miss Berinat, my old friend Mr. Jirosh Mikana.”
Miss Berinat bowed and smiled at Jirosh "A Pleasure to meet you Mr. Mikana. I have heard much about you."
Jirosh bowed deeply at Miss Berinat and said politely “I am pleased to meet you Miss. Berinat. I hope Mr. Hambaro treats you well. I am sure he does.”
Miss Berinat returns the smiles "He is demanding but also very generous for a job well done."

Miss Berinat, knowing Mr. Hambaro’s temperament when it comes to tardiness said “Mr Hambaro I can start checking in the shipment to make sure all is in order.”

“Absolutely, Miss Berinat. I need to catch up with Mr. Mikana for a bit, and then I'll meet you at Brado's tavern. I'm sure these kind folks that helped us here can show you where it is.”

Looking to Jirosh she asks “Shall I see to the order being stashed in the crates at the back of the room Mr Mikana?” Jirosh nodded “Yes, that would be fine Miss Berinat.”

Miss Berinat asked for the items to be handed to her, when she would then see about them being store “Those of you who have items please give them to me one person at a time.”

While the items were being returned Mr. Hambaro took the opportunity to chat with Jirosh for a little while, reminiscing about how things were before he had decided to leave all those years earlier. Finally all the items were returned. And with that the group departed to the Broken Door Tavern.

Mr. Hambaro, once in the tavern, approached Brado about some very old debts of his. Brado looked amused after Mr. Hambaro mentioned them “Your depts., eh? I wrote those off many years ago Mr. Hambaro. Don't worry about that.” Mr Hambaro smiled and shook his head “Well a tab is a tab and a debt is a debt. Take the Trias and spend them well, my friend.” As he handed the Tira over to Brado, not accepting no from him. “Very well Mr. Hambaro. If your purse is heavy I'll be glad to help you.”

Miss Berinat had finished packing away the items before going with the rest to the tavern. With a smile when she enters Mr Hambaro said “Miss Berinat! Please meet my old friend Brado. Brado, this is my dear assistant, Miss Berinat.” Miss Berinat turned to Brado "A pleasure to meet you. Mr. Hambaro has told me many stories about you." Brado returned her smile “Nice to meet you Miss Berinat.”

Mr. Hambaro stepped away from his friend to address his helpers, “Well, folks. You did a wonderfully good job today. I have not forgotten my promise. My assistant will now pay you for your assistance to me. I appreciate all you have done this day.” Miss Berinat nodded a few times and started getting out her purse to pay people. As she paid the people for their help Miss Berinat said “Everyone, please know how happy we are with your service today. We will keep you in mind when we need help again.”

The recruited helpers gladly accepted the payment for their help, and the tavern quickly erupts into lots of chit chat, and small conversations. Talk about the trip. A few question about special orders, glyphs, and decorative goblets. A fair bit of time passed when Mr Hambaro announced “Good night, folks. You have been an immense help to me. Your assistance and willingness has been duly noted.” And with that he smiled turned and walked out the door. Miss Berinat stayed for a little while longer to talk with the few remaining patrons with special requests, before she too joined Mr Hambaro in getting some rest after the long days travel and activity.

Please write your comments in the event comment thread: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36654.0

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:48:58 pm »
Mr. Hambaro and Miss Berinat had made their way quickly back to Hydlaa the following day to arrange assistance with forming a caravan to transport the second half of Mr. Hambaro’s shipment to Dsar Akkaio.

The two exchanged a polite greeting with the gate guards who had seen them depart the previous day “I hope you had a successful trip, Mr Hambaro.” One of the guards said. “Quite satisfactory” was his response.

Fenwirdle adjusted his dirty cloak and smiled at Diunti “Shall we continue Miss Berinat?” “Yes Mr. Hambaro” and they continued on past the library to the Plaza.

No sooner had they entered the Plaza than an eager Enkidukai ran up to Mr. Hambaro, he though he must of heard about him. “Hello, may I be of service?” the Enkidukai quickly rattled off. Mr Hambaro smiled at him "Yes, yes you can. We are looking for both some strong arms and strong backs to help with a delivery to Jirosh.” Conveniently the Enkidukai replied “In fact, I was headed that way anyway” Fenwirdle smiled "Perfect. But we will first need to gather some more people.”

A crowd quickly gathered, it seemed to Mr. Hambaro that he must have made quite the impact on the people of Hydlaa for them to always be so interested in him so quickly. Fenwirdle smiled at the Klyros "Yes, we are gathering helpers. Would either of you like to assist? We are looking for strong arms and strong backs. To help with carrying and protecting a delivery to Dsar Akkaio.” Diunti looked to a Ynnwn and gave a slight nod of recognition and then carefully looks over the people around her. Mr. Hambaro continued by saying “I am expecting many items, we will need lots to help.”

The crowd that has gathered discussed what Mr. Hambaro was offering and then looked around smiling "If, those willing to help would make sure my assistant here has you name." A few people start to offer their help.

“......I can help"
“......I gave you my name, Hipie it is.”

Mr Hambaro interrupts them “Of course, there will also be 20 circles to all those that aid us.”

“......Leraider sir”
“......Mr. Hambaro! nice to meet you again”
“......I am Blazecon”

Mr Hambaro smiled at Arerily, recognising him "Nice to see you as well." And then looked to Diunti "Could you check to see if the items are ready for us?", "Right away sir." She responded.

A distributer of Yliakum Times walked up and asked Mr Hambaro “Did you like the newspaper from before?” Fenwirdle smiled “Yes, the paper was an interesting read.”

Fenwirdle looked about the faces “Good, many willing to help. There were more items than we could manage in one trip, it was easiest to spilt it. You are of course more than welcome to help, if you would like another 20 circles.” Mr. Hambaro said in answer to some questions.

More people continued to approach Mr. Hambaro and Miss Berinat asking if they could lend a hand. All were welcome to help, and all were accepted into the caravan. Mr. Hambaro said “I see some new faces here, let me introduce myself. I am Mr Hambaro.” To any that hadn’t known him already, announced they were pleased to meet him. Mr. Hambaro then proceeded to excuse himself to help Miss Berinat check on the item, and the citizens present followed him as far as the winch gate.

Mr. Hambaro and Miss Berinat stood by the crates after being sure they were correct and began to hand items out “Miss Berinat could you sort out distributing the items.” she nodded and said “People please wait for me to give you items to carry so I can make notes who has what items.” As she began digging though the crates and distributing the items to people who can carry them.

Mr Hambaro looked to Diunti asking "Will you be ok with all this Miss Berinat?" to ensure, that he knew she would be, ok with sorting the items out again. Miss Berinat said she was, and proceeded to hand everything out.

A Klyros tried lightening the mood “pfft, if we get attacked I’ll be in the back making a hole to hide in with the scoopers.” Mr. Hambaro laughed at the comment replying “As long as you don’t damage them.”

Mr. Hambaro then just watched the crowd, pleased there are so many wishing to help, and waiting for the last of the items to be unpacked.

Mr. Hambaro looking at the faces present, noticed the Kran who distributed the paper and addressing him asked above the din “Will you have the next print of the paper soon?”
“I already have issue 2, Mr. Hambaro.”
“I would love to read it if you have a copy.”
The Kran searched for a copy of the paper and requested a circle in payment as he offered one copy to Mr. Hambaro. Seeing Miss Berinat was so busy he dug about for one of the few coins he carried on himself and handed it over “Thank you. I would love if we could organise it so I could see every issue, if that is possible?”
The Kran nods “That would be possible.” Mr Hambaro then smiled "After we are done here, perhaps we could organise that."

Fenwirdle then remembered about another glyph in the shipment and looks to Miss Berinat “There should be a wall glyph in there somewhere. If you could transport that yourself.” Miss Berinat looks in the crate “Yes one wall glyph which I will take myself, Mr. Hambaro.”

Miss Berinat smiled as the last item is packed “Looks like we are ready to leave Mr. Hambaro.” Mr Hambaro clasped his hands together “Good, good, thank you for sorting the items out Miss Berinat. Now as that is done, we should start on our way.”

Mr Hambaro then talked to the crowd “With the items distributed, we will be headed to Jirosh.” Looking round the crowd “If everyone is ready, we should depart.” And then smiled Diunti "Miss Berinat, lets proceed."

The caravan prepared all their items and follow after Mr. Hambaro and Miss Berinat on their way to Dsar Akkaio. They headed out of the east gate and followed a similar path to the one of the previous caravan. With the larger caravan they had a few rests during the trip to ensure that the group didn’t become too dispersed.

The caravan once again uneventfully reached its destination, Jirosh Mikana, and Mr. Hambaro walked in with a smile on his face “Ahh! Fenwirdle, good to see you again friend.” Mr. Hambaro smiled as he walked to Jirosh "And you, as promised I have the second half of the delivery." Miss Berinat looks from behind Mr Hambaro and smiles at Jirosh. “A pleasure to see you again Mr. Mikana.”

Mr. Hambaro looked at those present saying “If those of you here who carried item for us, could hand them back to Miss Berinat.” Miss Berinat then said “Give your items to me one at a time please.” And began to collect everything she had previously handed out, marking it off in her book as each person gives her the items.

Fenwirdle then turned back to Jirosh “Have you had a chance to look through the last deliver? I hope the items are of high enough quality.” Jirosh rubbed his hands together, brushing off some dust “That I have, fine items as ever, but I'd expect no less from you.” and smiles.

Fenwirdle clasped his hands together smiling "I was hoping you would be pleased" and watched the items being sorted by Diunti.

Jirosh smiled as he looked like he remembered something. “Fenwirdle my friend, I have some good news.”
Mr. Hambaro raised a brow as he tuned to look at Jirosh "Oh yes, what might that be?"
Jirosh continued “I have spoken to my brother, Phanejor, and has been able to arrange something special for you my old friend.”
"Yes........" Mr. Hambaro says, intrigued.
“He has a vacant house in the Winch that he'll give you the keys, for you to use while you are in town. Kada-Els is nice and all, but you'll be needing your own space and sure deserve it.
Fenwirdle clasped his hands together "HA!" and chuckles as he places them on the bench in front of him “You are indeed a kind, good, friend. This is very generous of you. I shall not forget it quickly.”
Jirosh smiled and rearranged his counter, storing items on shelves.

The two continued to talk for some minutes as Miss Berinat tidied away the items in the crates in the back of the storage area. As the pair reached the end of their conversation, Mr Hambaro smiled to Jirosh before turning back to the crowd. “Miss Berinat, have the items all been stored away?" “Yes Sir, Mr. Hambaro all items have been accounted for and put away.”

Mr. Hambaro smiled saying “Good, then I think it is time we pay these good people for their service.” Diunti noded “Yes Sir Mr. Hambaro.”

Miss Berinat then proceeded to pay all those that had offered their services with the caravan to Dsar Akkaio, while Mr. Hambaro thanked them all for their help pleased with how many were polite and thanked Miss Berinat for payment.

Mr. Hambaro let out a deep breath “Now, with everything taken care of I will be off. The easiest place to find me will be in the winch, once I find out where my new house is. I look forward to seeing you all about in Hydlaa in the not too distant future.”

Fenwirdle smiled once more and made his way through the crowd.