Author Topic: Warning: Clean Your Guildhouse.  (Read 6566 times)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Warning: Clean Your Guildhouse.
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:54:39 pm »
Guildhouse interiors are taking too much of our computing resources. All guilds have one week to clean up their guild houses.

-Please use guild banking
-Please use mules for now

-------------------->Do Not Store loose items on the floor or in sacks.<---------------------

(rp items are allowed but use with some reserve)

We'll provide an alternative when we can.

If the situation doesn't change we'll be forced to interact more directly than an appeal on forum.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
Re: Warning: Clean Your Guildhouse.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:21:30 pm »
Why exactly is this? If an item is just sitting there in an instance and no-one's messing with it, why would that take up computing resources?
Sounds more like something was badly designed.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »
Perhaps a short message could be posted for those who are able to log into PS to see immediately as they log in. I know my guild has crafted items for new arrivals to use and I haven't spoke to anyone who can get into PS yet . . .

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:19 pm »
Perhaps a short message could be posted for those who are able to log into PS to see immediately as they log in. I know my guild has crafted items for new arrivals to use and I haven't spoke to anyone who can get into PS yet . . .
Of course, it's called Guild MOTD.

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »
Of course, it's called Guild MOTD.
Indeed it is, Tuxide. My point was that I can't get in game to change it. Do you happen to have a solution for that?

kendal5934

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:07 pm »
Please clarify.  Does this include items that are stored in crates and cabinets or do we have to move those to mules also?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 10:31:58 pm »
I would suggest people putting a link to this thread on their guild forums as not everyone reads the main PS forums and it would be a shame for this to get over looked. On the bright side, maybe if this clean up gets the performance of the game up, player numbers might rise and we might have more to do in game.  \\o//

rtrentc

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
does the bank do anything else besides tria. I have yet to manage to store any items on it.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »
Not unless it is guild banking I believe.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:08 am »
Please clarify.  Does this include items that are stored in crates and cabinets or do we have to move those to mules also?
yes. laanx is an rp server guildhouses shouldn't be used as storage.
people complain that the server takes long to load? well it's entirely guildhouse fault a clean server takes about 30 seconds to load with all the npc and setting data in. all the items in the world including those in sacks are loaded in ram.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 04:18:34 am »
 :o One week is ridiculous.

I am only able to play during weekends at all.  :'(

I demand Strength=200 for all mules.  :-\

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 05:13:28 am »
Uhhh why dont you delete all of the dead guild, guildhouses like Dearing Dermorians, Nomothetes, Etc?

Also if its an RP server a guild house in real life will have a lot of stuff in it!!!!! And something should be done to stop the server loading guild houses for someone not even in that guild.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:19:53 am by Vakachehk »
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 06:16:28 am »
does the bank do anything else besides tria. I have yet to manage to store any items on it.
Not unless it is guild banking I believe.
Does not work for me with guild banking either. The bankingwindow.xml does not even have any content for the itemswindow and adminwindow except for the mere frames.

It seems the only thing a guild can do in order to follow this request is to organize a group of alts that do nothing else than sitting in the guild house, overloaded and guarding the guilds goods.

I would like to ask what is considered RP items and in what quantities. I have seen wonderfully decorated guild houses with plenty of items that serve some RP purpose. Is there any specific limit in terms of item numbers? It seems difficult to draw the line here.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:42 am »
Let me draw this line for you.

There is way too much stuff placed in guild houses, tone it down as much as possible asap.

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:36 pm »
yikes... this is going to be hard - as we use things as props and have the layout set using items... how do we get by that - especially that we don't have 'mules' as you put it.
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]