Author Topic: Warning: Clean Your Guildhouse.  (Read 6567 times)

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Warning: Clean Your Guildhouse.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »
Forgive me, but I'm confused.  I understand the technical problems with too much stuff in a guildhouse. I understand the idea that the guildhouses should not be used as a warehouse.  What I am confused about is: Can we have things in guildhouses if the interior denotes an RP environment? Is this a permanent situation or a temporary situation? 

If GH owners are not allowed to decorate their guildhouses then there isn't much opportunity to create an RP setting inside the guildhouse. RPing in an empty guildhouse seems, well, a little contradictory to creating a fun environment to RP within. I'm not trying to start an argument or contradict the order of the devs.  I just am curious as to the point in owning a guildhouse if we aren't allowed to decorate/furnish it to promote additional areas to RP within. They still provide privacy for confidential meetings between guilds and within guilds that cannot be overheard by the casual passer-by, but it is more RP realistic to be able to decorate it.
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.

thob

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 03:01:00 pm »
:o One week is ridiculous.

I am only able to play during weekends at all.  :'(

I demand Strength=200 for all mules.  :-\

Yes, at least a month. There are many guilds with inactive Players. To guarantee access to the items the guild needs "guild-mules" that everyone can access.
These mules need to be created and (if possible trained).

Impossible for a guild with one, two or three active members.

Yes, it is a RP server. But players need a way to store their items. And a guild-house is way more RPish than a mule. And if there is that big problem, either there is a bad concept behind the server, or we need a better way of storing: large boxes, shelves.

A big problem for merchants. The Woipers,  something as a merchant guild, need a lot of space and space that is accessible by every member. Equivalent to a depot. It is our way of role playing to use the house as a depot?!

Hope you got the point.

Thob

A last word. Nearly every house has an attic. Some do not, well the people have to store their things where they find free space. Same as we do in PS. So don't ask us to improve the situation, present an alternative and we will see.
Thob Ciscon, Crafter and Merchant for crafted Weapons.
Proud member of The Woiperdinger and the Merchantile Order of Commerce!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 03:19:12 pm »
As XilliX said in the initial post..

(rp items are allowed but use with some reserve)

So, if you are an RP guild, and RP in your house and have it set up for that, then you don’t need to worry too much. You can however act on the side of caution and ask one of us GMs to pop into your house and check the number of items you have and we can let you know if its detrimental to the sever.

This post is mainly aimed at guilds that have 1,000s of items in their guildhouse, just piled up everywhere. Picking one guild house, it has 1800+ items in 850+ separate stacks, now imagine that multiple times in hydlaa plaza?? When the server loads, each of the stacks of items in every instance of guildhouses are pre-loaded into the server memory, this is where the problem is.

Simple things to reduce the problem include:-
getting rid of 100s different furs laid on the floor, or making artificial floor using the collision detection.
getting rid of items you have for the sake of having, animal parts, plant parts, items you can buy easily, items no-one uses, weapons collected that no one uses. (ive lots of weapons like that, i dont use them, and ive stuck them on an alt.)
combining stacks of similar items, e.g. one stack of 65 items opposed to 13 stacks of 5.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »
yikes... this is going to be hard - as we use things as props and have the layout set using items... how do we get by that - especially that we don't have 'mules' as you put it.

RP items are allowed to stay I've heard. Try to take everything out that is stored there for not much reason. (RP items would be like seats for guild meetings, swords as display if your guild is a fighting guild but must be displayed not just siting on the ground or stored in a crate, sack, etc)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 12:01:11 am »
darn this breaks my chances of ever making a second floor made out of tria... sorry livitin, i guees it wont happen...
and that explains why i lag so badly in hydlaa and nowhere else...
but with people bein able to have as many mules as they want.. anything thats not benificial to decoration, it would make sense for the mules to hold it..i mean a guildhouse is generally a place for the guild to sleep and discuss guildly bussness, so beds mabey cuboards and tables a few books and peices of paper on the tables, thats all anyone really needs in the house.
all them sword collections and crystals in the corners arnt helpin anybody now are they?
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 02:15:22 am »
We will try to remove most of the not really important single objects. But especially rather untrained characters with low-strength races are not able to carry much.

In the meantime, really, pretty please:

a) let's negotiate the "one week";
b) let's discuss technical matters of server-convenient item storage.

Creating mules in dozens - as thob mentioned - only moves the issue: More mainly inactive accounts and characters (with character creation table = spoiler based skills for maximized strength), semi-publicly known login details for this account, more already used character names...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 06:32:42 am »
you don't need to be strong to have a mule eh it just have to sit forever and yes it's preferable a mule in the db than an item on the ground.

anyway what we are talking about are things like this: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9199/shot1117.png ... and i've seen worse too

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 10:49:32 am »
anyway what we are talking about are things like this: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9199/shot1117.png ... and i've seen worse too

What the heck is that on top, an attic?   :o   Not having ever owned a GH, I'm not sure of the various configurations.   :)
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:41 am »
Hahahaah. Okay, that goes a bit too far :P
Inventive though.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:34 pm »
Let's down with the QQ and just get the guildhouses cleaned up some please.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 06:11:59 pm »
Heh, my guild doesn't have a GH yet and we already have enough Guild Alts to administrate overflow of items.

To make the best storage alt:

Select Kran, Quick Start.

Choose Knight.

The Kran starts with 150 STR and almost the same amount of END. Perfect for muling, you can PL the STR to max with about 50k Trias and 2k PPs.

Extra note: All of my guild alts are Enki, for obvious reasons.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 08:08:47 pm »
Unless you want your mules to actually transport items there is no need to build up strength or endurance.You can massively overload a mule alt as long as you don't mind that the alt isn't going to move. Just buy large crates, fill them up and place them close enough to the mule alt that he/she can pick up the crate, even if already overloaded.  The only issue is you will always have to go where the alt is pinned to the ground in order to retrieve an item.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:03 pm »
This post is mainly aimed at guilds that have 1,000s of items in their guildhouse, just piled up everywhere. Picking one guild house, it has 1800+ items in 850+ separate stacks, now imagine that multiple times in hydlaa plaza?? When the server loads, each of the stacks of items in every instance of guildhouses are pre-loaded into the server memory, this is where the problem is.
Considering there's no lockdown/secure system for housing, there's no way to tell what levels of items are acceptable.  Houses will just keep accumulating more and more crap considering the only mechanism that really makes said crap go away is guildhouse raids.  Did those figures include mounts by the way?

What the heck is that on top, an attic?   :o   Not having ever owned a GH, I'm not sure of the various configurations.   :)
That looks a lot like Talad's room in Google Lively.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 12:16:29 am »
Considering there's no lockdown/secure system for housing, there's no way to tell what levels of items are acceptable.  Houses will just keep accumulating more and more crap considering the only mechanism that really makes said crap go away is guildhouse raids. 

there is a pretty easy way to recognize you have too many items in your guildhouse as there will be a few consequences:
1) not all items will appear while walking into it
2) you cannot leave it without relogging
3) you cannot enter enter it without relogging

if you experience any of those, you *definetely* have too many items in your house and should clean up your house as all of them are caused by the client discarding messages due to a full input queue.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 12:26:21 am »
That's not what I meant, chugging the client and chugging the server are not the same thing.  That's the difference between getting a thousand people in the same room casting Flame Spire versus getting a thousand people in the same room jumping up and down.  If none of them applied (and they don't on my machine) then we still don't know.