Author Topic: halp! i old account no longer works right with new servers  (Read 684 times)

firejerm

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
halp! i old account no longer works right with new servers
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:00 pm »
I created an account, back when there was only one server. now that there are RP and non-RP servers my account doesn't load. I can login, select my charactor, but when it tries to load the game, it freezes and crashes.  My old char name was Jerminiath Bolemew.

I have created a new account under a different email and everything works fine there. Its just when trying to use my old account it crashes.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: halp! i old account no longer works right with new servers
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:26 am »
For me there are 3 possible reasons imaginable:

a) The area where your character logged out last time had "bad weather". But if you crash reliably even after several hours or days, that may be less probable.
b) Your inventory contains traces of "bad items".
c) Your character has other damaged attributes.

In either way, it is probably useful to contact Game Masters to try to reset your character to its spawn point, and when that doesn't help, note down some of the Crash IDs and report those to developers -- both can be done conveniently in IRC channels like #planeshift-gmtalk or #planeshift-build on the FreeNode network (at least to get in contact with developers).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:29:23 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 01:33:45 am »
I've reset your login position so hopefully that might help, but if not come chat to us i the channels LigH mentioned.

both can be done conveniently in IRC channels like #planeshift-gmtalk or #planeshift-build on the FreeNode network (at least to get in contact with developers).

firejerm

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 04:38:59 am »
I've reset your login position so hopefully that might help, but if not come chat to us i the channels LigH mentioned.

both can be done conveniently in IRC channels like #planeshift-gmtalk or #planeshift-build on the FreeNode network (at least to get in contact with developers).

thanks it loaded slower this time, i thought i might actually work. But i still got a crash when done loading. then it went back to loading 90 miles an hour and crash again.
running win7 btw if that helps. i tried running as admin. but that diddn't help either.
Also what would be a free small lightweight irc client to use?

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile

firejerm

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 04:48:41 am »
...ok launched from psclient.exe instead this time. I'm in! woohoo! Thats odd. pslaunch works with the newly created account, but not the old one? likewise psclient dont work with the new account but does the old one. Seems like the accounts are binding to the launchers/exe. well in anycase, thanks for the help. will definatly check out those links too.