Author Topic: Healer's Council of Hydlaa  (Read 2324 times)

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Healer's Council of Hydlaa
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »
Updated Time!

Healers Council of Hydlaa's First Meeting!
Sunday February 15th, 2015
1300-1500EST - 1800-2000GMT
Location: Daughters of Xiosia Guild House (Near Hydlaa North Gate)
Please bring any books you have scribed on medicine and the healing arts.
A meeting agenda will be posted here before the meeting.

Calling all Healers of the Realm to participate in a project to create a healing institution, publish medical knowledge, train future healers and further the healing sciences through collective experiences, research and studies. If you are interested in being involved with the council, would like more information or would like to take the first steps in training to become a healer, or would like to attend our first meeting, contact Siteya Ganaya of the Daughters of Xiosia.

Mission & Objectives:
Formulate collective methodology in the arts of healing (Glyph, Alchemical, Herbal, Surgical, Spiritual, Psychological) for the purpose of collaborating on a series of (IG) Medical Journals.
Create a collective of (RP) healers to provide services (IG) to the citizens of Hydlaa & Yliakum.
Build a permanent healing institution in the city of Hydlaa.

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 08:24:38 pm »
Healers Council of Hydlaa

[If you plan to attend, please post here, so I can start counting heads and gathering chairs]

[During the meeting the Main Chat will be for IC discussions. We shall start all discussions with Siteya and then move clockwise around the room. Once each attendee has spoken, if you wish to add additional information write the word TALK in brackets in Main, first in will be first to speak. We will open a group chat for all OOC discussions.]

First Meeting Agenda

Introductions
Each person will introduce themselves; include why they are in attendance (as a healer, student or just wanting to get involved) and also their area of expertise (Crystal Way, Alchemy, Herbalism, Surgery, Psychology or other therapies or practices.) I would also like each healer to include what they are most interested in getting involved with in the Healers Council, (The Library of Medical Journals, Building a Hosital/Healing Temple or Planning Healing Clinics [IG events])

Publishing & Medical Journals
We will open a discussion and go around the room so that each Healer can discuss any books they have published they would like to include in the Healers library or books they are currently writing or plan to write in the future.

Hospital/Healing Temple
This discussion will include all comments and suggestions for building a public healing space in Hydlaa. You will have a chance before the meeting starts to explore the model temple Siteya & The Daughters have set up at the house. Other comments can include the current “sanitarium” in Hydlaa. How we can expand on this to have a more fortified space that might include a waiting area, examination rooms, hospital beds, a library, offices, labs, storage and a pharmacy (or a place for chars to sell herbal remedies, potions, supplies and books.)

Health Clinic [IG healing events]
While we begin to explore options for a public hospital, Siteya would like to plan a health clinic at the Sanitorium and the surrounding grounds in the near future. A place folks can identify and seek the help of dedicated healers in the community. This discussion will be primarily on setting a date and getting healers involved.

[Healers of the Realm, an OOC discussion in Group Chat]
[This is an opportunity for all players of healers to discuss how we heal IG, to formulate a more collective healing practice in the realm. Debate magic healing vs. more practical forms of healing, discuss diseases of the realm and come up with solutions to align as healers in how we practice.]

KayKay76

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 12:36:38 am »
Hello. I will be there with my Anysu. However, I do want to give a heads up that
there is a chance I might be about twenty minutes late. But I will be there.
Thanks for putting this together Siteya.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 03:58:42 am »
I plan to be there Siteya and RR has a book I am trying to finish, so he might want to talk about it a tiny bit. Thanks for doing this!
RR :sorcerer:
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 06:30:36 am »
Demagul's almost definitely going be there! I can't wait!  ;D

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 02:51:46 pm »
I might pop in, but I wouldn't count on it... I tend to miss the events I plan on joining.
But saving a chair might be nice, just in case.  :D
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

KayKay76

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 10:57:20 pm »
Hello again.
I am sorry, I guess I will have to retract my last post. I figured the time wrong. I do
not think Anysu will make it to the Council after all. I would not be 20 mins late I would
be over an hour late. Maybe Anysu can speak with Siteya about what went on at the Council
another time and offer her help then. Sorry I will miss it.

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 11:03:07 pm »
Anysu can come by the house later that day and chat with Siteya, so she knows what your interests and thoughts are on the council, I will add all that we discuss to the gathered information/meeting notes. :)

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 07:50:58 pm »
[A MASSIVE amount of gratitude to everyone that attended the Healer's Council of Hydlaa's first official meeting, I am truly inspired by this community. Everyone was so supportive and respectful and full of vigor to roll up our collective sleeves and get these projects off the ground. Thank you all! *Bows head low*]

[If anyone sees a need to edit any information please let me know]

Healers Council of Hydlaa

Mission & Objectives:
Formulate collective methodology in the arts of healing (Glyph, Alchemical, Herbal, Surgical, Spiritual, Psychological) for the purpose of collaborating on a series of (IG) Medical Journals.
Create a collective of (RP) healers to provide services (IG) to the citizens of Hydlaa & Yliakum.
Build a permanent healing institution in the city of Hydlaa.

HCOH Members:
Evirea-  Surgeon & practical medical arts.
Lesiros- Doctor, Surgeon, some knowledge in Crystal Way.
Moja-  Some knowledge of Brown Way, medical student.
Sacho- Efficient in Crystal Way, knowledge of poisons.
Lenize- Alchemist
Rahab- Student of Herbalism & Magic Arts
Gova- Efficient in Crystal, Azure & Blue Way, Blacksmith (custom medical tools)
Asmo- Alchemist
Jesper- Scribe & Research
Kaerli- Paramedic/minor surgeries, herbalism, alchemy and magical arts.
Demagul- Herbalist
Kiaerulf- Efficient in Blue & Crystal Way, Alchemist.
Anysu-  Efficient in Blue & Crystal Way, alchemy & herbs.
Ziljhi- Psychologist, Efficient in Azure Way.
Daintywhisp- Psychologist
Aleeane- Efficient in Crystal & Blue Way, Midwifery.
Allena- Herbalist & Practical Medical Arts
Jecewie- Herbalist
Lace- Basic knowledge of magical arts, patient & study volunteer.
Roled- Efficient in Crystal, Blue & Azure Way, paramedics/minor surgeries.
Siteya-  Herbalism, Brown Way efficient, paramedics/minor surgeries & Xiosian priestessing.

HCOH Medical Journals & Publishing

HCOC has begun to gather books into a library for review, with a proposal to open a library in proposed Hydlaa Hospital, and to also propose a shelf at Jayose’s Library.

Books submitted for the HCOH Library:
Diseases, Afflictions & Curses by Zalya
On Azure Healing & The Mind by Ziljhi Laneri
The 3 Laws of Herbalism by Suumar Dameran
The Dilemma of Apothecary by Suumar Dameran
(more books to be submitted)

Books being scribed by HCOH Members:
Surgical Procedures- Evirea
Natural Magicks- Roled
Alchemy- Asmo
Potions & Hunting- Gova (Siteya asked him to write a book on basic healing with magic)
Medical Properties of Plants- Demagul
Healing Spells & Combat- Kaerli
Herbs, Xiosian medicinal & magical uses- Siteya

Hospital in Hydlaa

It was unanimous and with much excitement at the first HCOH meeting, that setting plans into motion to gather funding and open a Hospital in Hydlaa was a priority for the collective. It was discussed that the funds to open the hospital would be gathered within the HCOH members, and that we would deliberate our proposal [IG] to the Octarchy, the urgency to open a facility by renovating an abandoned guild house. The hospital proposal would include a waiting room, examining space, a medical library, a separate space for education and for long term patients (and mental health patients.)

Health Clinic [HCOH Player Event]

HCOH has put together a planning committee to hold a Health Clinic at the grounds and Sanatorium Tent in Hydlaa [next month on a Sunday 1pm EST] Plans possibly include: booths with healers providing service, workshops, speakers and a HCOH Pharmacy.

HCOH Health Clinic Committee: Demagul, Rahab, Anysu, Evirea, Kaerli, Asmo, Lenize, Ziljhi, Jecewie, Gova, Lace & Siteya

Future HCOC Meetings:

Health Clinic Planning
Hospital Proposal & Planning
HCOH Library Meeting

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:44:40 pm by Siteya »

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 08:16:35 pm »
I couldn't make it.  :(
It sounds like it went well, though. I was surprised by the amount of people listed.  ::|
I think it would be awesome to have the proposed 'Health Clinic' implemented.  :)  :D
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »
The hospital idea makes of lot of sense from an ic perspective and considering that every other person in hydlaa is a healer or some sort, it would appeal to a very large portion of the current community. The list of participants speaks for itself.  \\o//

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 03:25:04 am »
It was a fine turnout for this project, thanks Siteya for bringing it together.  There are many many possibilities for these rps and this possible facility- classes, triage, lectures, emergency drills, medical articles, and psychological/ humours awareness among the populous.

RR has spent so much time in the DR recently, he is thinking of opening a clinic in the citadel for the wayward, to help them prepare for the pain and duration of their return to the Dome.  Perhaps an apothecary up from the Eye, around the corner from the hell's mouth, would be in order?  :flowers:

Great to hear of all the work players do in their rps! Let the carnage begin, so we 'll have someone to heal! ::|

:sorcerer: RR  :whistling:
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »
I love the idea of this council. I think it'll spur a lot of really interesting Role Play, for both the healers and potential patients who come up with their hair-pulling conditions.  ;D

Here's an image of the attendance:

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »
Thanks so much for the feedback!

I also wanted to add that, if you could not make the meeting and would like to join HCOH Please post in this thread the following information:

Characters Name

Area/s of Expertise (or student of e.g. Gylph, Herbalism, Alchemy, Doctor/Surgeon, Psychology, Spirituality, Other)

Main interest in the HCOH Mission (Books, Hospital, Healing Clinics/IG events, or all 3)

List any medical books you have published or scribed, or plan to

Would you like to volunteer your services for the first Health Clinic? (next month, on a Sunday, 1pm EST)