Author Topic: Absurd empty loots  (Read 707 times)

Echoes91

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Absurd empty loots
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 03:06:58 am »
Actually, according to the setting overview, a mortally wounded corpse should quickly vanish and reappear in the Death Realm, so you cannot play with it longer than few seconds. This unless True Death through mechanics is introduced, which would totally kill the game itself (apart few invincible PLevelers).
It could also explain why there's no time to loot everything from the prey, however I noticed that empty loots are much more common when moving or interrupting the attack, that's something that I have to do when switching from ranged to swords. I don't know if I'm triggering some obscure anti-cheat feature, anyway such thing would need to be DOCUMENTED!

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:53 am »
Sounds like the settings have changed a bit. It used to be that the web page said that it took days and that bodies were dragged off the streets and tossed into wells or ditches as if taking out the trash. ( not the exact words, but that's what it basically conveyed ).

Change for the better, I suppose.

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 06:01:16 am »
Okay. Now, we have npcs/beasts looting random things, possibly things they don't seem to have (or even couldn't have at all, like weapons looted on beasts!), and nearly never everything they should have.

Instead of looting random things with several probabilities... Why not having enemies giving precise and constant loot corresponding to what they wear/what are their animal parts.
I see you coming... "Yes, but then things will be to easy, plus, if we want to make the system more realistic that isn't better than the older solution, blablabla..."
Indeed. But I haven't finished yet.
Instead of having a random part concerning the looted items, why not having a random part about their quality? Thus, a simple table would be enough to determine the given loot, and it would also include the possibility of not looting some parts, through the model of the "that's broken, unusable, so we don't loot" corresponding to a quality zero.
Though it would be much more probable that people loot at least some damaged but usable parts, instead of nothing, if we consider the distributions of probabilities like Gaussian functions.
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 08:00:53 am »
Simplest thing i can think of: Double the rates of all animal parts in the loot table and reduce the base prices and weights by half. I don't know the current rates, but I guess they are below 50% each, and the chance to get nothing at all should decrease quite a bit. Though, nowadays many things can actually be used for crafting, so maybe you'd have to double the amounts in these steps, too. That's how simple things can get complicated again >_<
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:04:15 am by Bonifarzia »

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »
Definitely absurd

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »