Author Topic: My solution to thieving, PvP etc.  (Read 735 times)

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
My solution to thieving, PvP etc.
« on: August 14, 2004, 11:12:49 am »
I have thought about PvP and stuff for a long tim now. There IS NO real suitable solution. But I think i have come up with a system, to hopefully make everyone happy.

PvP  

Dueling is fine I like that system, but I think we need to give more incentive for people to duel. For example, someone challenges you, you cower and decline,  next day, newspaper article about how your a coward. So your honor is at stake. However I think there should be other forms of PvP, specified below.

Writs
What is a writ?
A writ is a formal written document; specifically : a legal instrument in epistolary form issued under seal in the name of a monarch or ruler b : an order or mandatory process in writing issued in the name of the sovereign or of a court or judicial officer commanding the person to whom it is directed to perform or refrain from performing an act specified therein.

I propose, we use a writ system, here are a few of the writs.

Writ of Execution
Just like it says, this gives the holder the right to kill whomever the writ specifies. Here\'s how it works, I am X. I acquire a Writ of Execution for XX\'s death. From there, it is under my own energy that I find XX and kill him. XX is sitting, having a beer in the tavern, X walks in, hoists his axe, off with X\'s head. To prevent unfair writs, I think all writs must be approved by NPCs?? GMs??Political Parties?? I\'m open to suggestions on this one. As soon as it\'s done, the writ is invalid.

Writ of Apprehension
This writ is given over to a guild or person, giving the holder the the right to apprehend the specified person. I figure this will work with handcuffs?? Something similar anyways, help with suggestions on this one again. The person is found by the writ holder, apprehended and brought back to the jail/ prison/ guardhouse whereever. I think all writs must be approved by NPCs?? GMs??Political Parties?? I\'m open to suggestions on this one again. As soon as it\'s done, the writ is invalid.

Writ of Repossession
This entitles the holder to, repossess an item stolen from them.   (How this will work with thieving, I shall explain later.) The holder may use any means necessary, as long as the are non-conflictive with the law. As soon as it\'s done, the writ is invalid.

Thieving

I personally think thieving should be open, you can pickpocket, pick a lock and ransack a house, whatever. However, I think for 24 (Maybe twelve) hours prior to committing the crime, the owner can hunt you down and openly PvP you right in the streets and tear your gizzard out. But you have no way of knowing who did it, guesswork and looking back at your personal vendettas, should be able to find out who did it. Or maybe some sort of evidence should be left by the thief so you must investigate the crime scene to get a better idea of who did it :P .  Once the thief has been killed, your items are restored to you. Actually come to think of it, why not identify the thief right off the bat, so once it\'s happened, a buisness card appears near the crime scene with your name on it. The thief should have time to escape the vengeance of the victim, and it should give enough time for the victim to hunt down the thief.

Once again, come up with a suggestion for how the writs are approved.

Thx.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 11:14:06 am by FlippySeal »

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 04:41:11 pm »
yes its very nice.. I like the idea about writs..
dont mention Morrowind to anyone now and say that you invented the writs ;)..

but as I hear.. they are not going to but any thiefing skills in and no pk ... so long with the good idea..

belive me.. it hurts me more than you..

\"whyyyy, whyyy cant we thieves have our chance??\"
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 05:15:16 pm »
Awwwww.... well I guess, I hope, we see some changes to that in CB. And I think everyone in these forums knows about the Morrowind writs. I myself being a Morrowind fanatic, decided to sem-steal the idea.

But I won\'t lie I ripped it off! :D

I rather like my thieving idea though.

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 04:58:17 am »
let me see If i got it right...

you say that its a free open pick pocketing and when you succeed the victim can hunt you down .. but he has 12 hours to do that.. hmm

maybe it can be like this

you steal.. you fail.. you get killed in a site or if you are stronger and kill him you get bounty on your ass..
if you decide to run its same as you succeeded but now everyone can hunt you for a bounty.. you become the public enemy #1..

but now.. if you pick pocket successfully and get the stuff without him notice you took it.. you ran away but this evidence remains in his pocket.. its like some tracker.. you know.. it tells you the thiefs location and you have 12 hours to retrive your stuff and kill him.. FREE PK .. but when 12 hours is over.. that \"evidence\" will be removed and you have lost that thingy..

but turing that 12 hours the thief can not sell that thing .. so thats safe.. after that he can do with it whatever he wants

hope you get the picture
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 08:57:02 am »
What happens if the Theif puts it in the bank? Also the system is abuseable, I can be an uber warrior but with one point to pickpocketing so I can go up to someone steal from them or kill them, now having killed for him it has the effect of letting him kill who he likes.

Also is this 12h in game time, logged on time or real time?
If Game time or real time I can steal and then log off for 12h.
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 09:25:22 am »
If Game time or real time I can steal and then log off for 12h.

Yes that\'s a bump on the road... and how about the items he stole are unmoveable in his inventory, to counter what Cyberchu said.

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 09:30:00 am »
What happens if the theif steals from one person having previously deposited all his stuff in the bank, then he steals from lots of people. If he dies he loses stuff that he did not start with and does not care about. After he has done it a few times he can just hide in his guild hall or other safe place for 12h
Under construction

Remember to

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Ok then, screw the thieving, but what about the writs?

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 10:24:24 am »
I think the writs are a good idea, all apart from the writ of reposesion (due to complexeties involving theiving).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 10:25:47 am by Cyberchu »
Under construction

Remember to