Author Topic: Kintall-inspired artwork by Abemore  (Read 3260 times)

Kintall

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2004, 12:33:31 am »
I like it, its very cute :)

its nice and clean, and lovely and smooth its got a face that isnt blank and since I like it.....

DAMNGER DANGER!!  Iminent nitpicking aproaching!!!!

as far as the peice itself goes, the facial construction is fine, its got a very western comic strip composition to it

as for the body, well it has a couple of small problems, one of the more noticable ones is the arms are a bit long, with them never let them get any further dwn than the middle of the thigh,

as for the chest I think it looks a bit flat, this happens when drawing males as we have (in  a basic sense) very 2 dimensional bodies when compared to womens, s a mistake is often making male  torsos/chests TOO flat to avoid them looking female, but afetr  all the scrippling I did of late I realised that the male torso and stomach are composed of sort of half flattened cylenders, or sort od squashed spheres, itrs all in the visualisation.

just remember to think in 3d, even if your stuff lokks shirty (note spelling) when your first trying it, it will really make you take great strides when you get better at it, and hands are usualy from the base of the palm to the fingertip about the same length as the face :)

and the colouring is just spiffy, but much like the rest its very important to take the shape of the imaginary #D object that is yor drawing int account, not just the 2d area you are shading :)

I really like it, keep up the goosh workies yaaahh

P.S (and you maybe should possibly start a new thread, its kinda embarresing I\'m not good enought yet to warrant this kind of thing:P)

Gods of spelling, I stand AGAINST YOU!

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2004, 04:42:58 am »
Thanks for taking the time to post such detailed comments.  I really appreciate it.

The reason this crap is \"Kintall-inspired\" is because I don\'t think I would ever have even tried to draw if not for your thread.
And now, after trying, I can say... Drawing is hard!
I think maybe I should leave it to the professionals.

As implied in everyones comments here, I felt I needed more practice with actual pencile and paper.  So I tried to draw a bunch of stuff, and make it look not stupid... and I failed.  I also lack the inspiration that you \"true\" artists seem to have.  I\'m much happier copying someone else art, and even happier still not drawing at all.

I hope no one feels that their helpful criticism went to waste.  I thank you all for it.  I may draw something again one day (in a thread with a different name ;) ), but only after much practice, and only if Kintall draws us some more stuff first.  Mechs please :) .

*looks back at post*
what a wierd \"goodbye forever\" sounding post.
nobody cares if I stop spamming the forum with my half-assed art anyway ;)

Kintall, I think I started drawing because you stopped.  Please start it up again because the creative side of my brain hurts  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 04:47:24 am by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Elegrand

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2004, 04:24:31 pm »
Don\'t give up Abemore! I draw too, (Not as good as Kintall thuogh...) and I agree, it IS hard, just keep at it! If only I had a scanner, I would start my own art thread. When I first started to draw, I was terribly horrible! But I kept on drawing, and now i\'m ALOT better.
Captain Elegrand Orden Mornak at your service!

Journeyman in Ordo Illuminatis
http://www.illuminatis.tk

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2004, 04:22:17 am »
Okay, but I at least need a very long break.... like a few years... ;)

...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Miscellany

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 04:54:58 am »
Hah!, don\'t you know that once you start.. you can\'t stop!  :D    Really nice beginnings, should keep going with it.

Kintall

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2004, 11:00:50 pm »
Tish Tosh!

you can draw, and inspiration is just a daydream, ever thought how youdl like to jump across buildings as a mighty whatever , and then you in some part of your mind conceive an idea, and all that waits after that conseption is its birth onto paper. everyones got it in em, and I will accept no excuses as to why someone like you who does have ability (see pics) should stop drawing.

if your self concious sbout your work, well then I\'l dig up some of MY earlier works for you all to chuckle at

if you feel that you dont have anough creativity, Phit!!
everyone does its just a matter of tapping it, that bit sadly no one can help you with, but you can do it

ther are millions of reasons not to do something, and seldom more than a few TO do something, we still do many things though.

I trust you will too:)

Gods of spelling, I stand AGAINST YOU!

Quwaar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2004, 04:17:54 am »
your progress is amazing, a next step could be to make lines in the the lineart which veary in thickness, this will add some imaginary dynamics. Flash works fine to do that, but there is a way with the pentool, though I havnt got the hang of that one yet :P

Have you done all the lines so far with just your pentool?
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse

Nikech

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2004, 02:05:19 pm »
Abemore, those pics rock, keep drawing. I wish I had a scanner and the patience to do drawing...

Hey could someone give me some links to those great tutorials? I might check them out some time.

Loremaster in the Arcane Order

\"That was when I realized that the light I\'d seen at the end of the tunnel was actually the headlight of an onrushing locomotive. \" -George R. R. Martin

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2004, 03:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Kintall
if your self concious sbout your work, well then I\'l dig up some of MY earlier works for you all to chuckle at
That would be twah-rific. (I know, I\'m an idiot.) ;)

Originally posted by Quwaar
Have you done all the lines so far with just your pentool?
Yes, only it\'s called the line tool in Paint Shop Pro, and I don\'t think it has the option to very brush width.

Originally posted by Nikech
Abemore, those pics rock, keep drawing. I wish I had a scanner and the patience to do drawing...

Hey could someone give me some links to those great tutorials? I might check them out some time.
What\'s with these complements?  You people are far too kind if you\'re going to complement my stuff.  I know good; I\'ve seen good.  My stuff is not good.  It\'s beginner at best, and it needs much improvement before it\'ll even think about being good.  As I mentioned earlier, I\'m happier drawing what other people have already drawn...I think because it\'s easier...so I\'ve decided that\'s what I\'m going to do.  This seems like the best way to teach myself the drawing skills I\'m lacking.  

And as for tutorials... the one I used for the chick has gone the way of the Brazilian three-banded armadillo.  But here\'s kintall\'s little blue guy tutorial and also, feel free to search google for drawing tutorials. EDIT: The very first result in that google search is awesome! 8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:28:29 am by Abemore »

Nikech

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2004, 09:36:45 am »
Gotta try some of those. I also found some nice tutorials on Elfwood

Loremaster in the Arcane Order

\"That was when I realized that the light I\'d seen at the end of the tunnel was actually the headlight of an onrushing locomotive. \" -George R. R. Martin