Author Topic: 5c5b11's ART Trial!  (Read 623 times)

5c5b11

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
5c5b11's ART Trial!
« on: June 30, 2004, 01:20:01 pm »
Hello everybody.
After reading almost all threads and posts to be up-to-date, (besides obtaining a weak pair of eyes, some knowledge about the game and a minor allergy to discussion boards (strange loot!)) I felt a little more attracted by this place and got a weird envy to contribute to this project, that\'s why am here making this new Thread to show you what my sleepwalking crisis made me do the last night.

ps : This is my first \"fantasy\" drawing (my 1st dwarf ; p!!), so pls don\'t be too tough when/if you are commenting ^^!

Feed me, feed me! with comments so I grow and draw more n\' better art.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:27:34 pm by 5c5b11 »
Anthemus, Alchemist.
Because someday you might need a good alchemist.

Neschama

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:39:10 pm »
I usually dont reply posts
Ive no idea why im doing it now, but if you really want to become better in drawing you should start with anatomy, do liveclases and sketch as much as possible from live, don\'t use photo references, experiment with lots of different media expect of digital cause in this early stage it\'ll just damage your art. Draw all day and stick up to it. You wont be able to sketch somthing properly  until you understood how it works....

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:41:32 pm »
Uhm... pretty nice... The chain mail must have taken forever, lol

2 things...

1. It appears that the dwarf is attempting to stab something to death with a spoon... Maybe make the dwarf\'s dagger more pointy?

2. You should try \"bubbling out\" your drawing if you haven\'t already, it makes things look more realistic and if you screw up proportions you can change it before you get to the point where changing it would mean redrawing it from the ground up :P

*Note: the above was meant as constructive criticism... no jumping down my throat for being \"mean\" :P

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:19:22 pm »
hey, jose, you realise that \"spoon\" is the hilt of a sword, right? :P
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.