Author Topic: NPC voiceovers!  (Read 21157 times)

ma_il

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: NPC voiceovers!
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 09:44:50 am »
Hi all,

I discovered PlaneShift just today and as I always wanted to do some voiceovers this announcement made me sign up. So, here's my fully equipped home recording studio waiting to be employed for PlaneShift voice overs. My only problem: I can't get the game to start. It crashes on MacOS X (10.5.1) and on my VMware virtual machine it is not usuable at all due to non-functioning hardware acceleration.
Thus a script would be a great resource, otherwise it will take some time until I have found some other way to get the game to run (which I'll try anyway, but it'll take some time).
As the announcement is already some weeks old, I'm curious how much material you received up to now.
Also, as someone else already noted, a 32 bit sampling rate isn't supported by most hardware and I have even observed setups where it'll produce worse results if the wrong hardware/driver gets its dirty digital hands on the signal, converting it to and fro between 16 and 32 bit. Most of the times, 16 bit (or 24bit, if you have the hardware) is easily enough, the sampling frequency is much more important.

Jorl17

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 10:20:41 am »
Hi all,

I discovered PlaneShift just today and as I always wanted to do some voiceovers this announcement made me sign up. So, here's my fully equipped home recording studio waiting to be employed for PlaneShift voice overs. My only problem: I can't get the game to start. It crashes on MacOS X (10.5.1) and on my VMware virtual machine it is not usuable at all due to non-functioning hardware acceleration.
Thus a script would be a great resource, otherwise it will take some time until I have found some other way to get the game to run (which I'll try anyway, but it'll take some time).
As the announcement is already some weeks old, I'm curious how much material you received up to now.
Also, as someone else already noted, a 32 bit sampling rate isn't supported by most hardware and I have even observed setups where it'll produce worse results if the wrong hardware/driver gets its dirty digital hands on the signal, converting it to and fro between 16 and 32 bit. Most of the times, 16 bit (or 24bit, if you have the hardware) is easily enough, the sampling frequency is much more important.

You should report that to the appropriate forum.

And..if you really can't run it, try to use a mac-port of Wine (http://www.winehq.org), it's perfect in Linux and it's making progress in OSX.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 11:41:22 am »
Well - we need more testers, more testers, and especially more Mac testers!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 03:36:38 pm »
I look froward to hearing peoples voices
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 01:05:45 am »
Unfortunately, since we tried to switch to 7-zip archive format, it appears that uploading does not work anymore, the files appear to arrive with 0 bytes. But I'm poking Xordan each weekend until we make it work again.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 03:55:41 am »
It's good to up this topic once in a while. I did forget all about it.  :oops: And I've installed a mike in the mean time. I'll see if I can get decent recordings...

PiHalbe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
    • PiHalbes Heim
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:20 pm »
I'd like to help as well. Since I do not have time for gaming to much, I won't be able to look into the game for some time. You can send me a role (or a handfull of them), though, and I'll record some voiceovers. I can do voices from normal over noiry over sinister to brutish. And I probably have some sort of German accent.

If you are interested, please notify me. Thx!

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
I don't have a mic so is it ok if i use a clear computerized voice that almost sounds like a real human voice? I made a few that sound real good. Can I? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???