Author Topic: By the gods, I feel old!  (Read 1022 times)

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
By the gods, I feel old!
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »
It's really been 2 years since I've found this? Sheesh!

I was considering redownloading PS to see if I could get back into it; but after seeing you guys need to use Torrent, I changed my mind. If it's too big to download directly, I'm doubtful my computer can handle it.

Well anyways, to anyone I know (or know me), nice to see ya again. I would be surprised to see any old friends still around.

To those I've never met, nice to meet you :)

It seems I like to check in on old games once in a while. Sometimes I think I should start playing again; but, then I remember why I stopped playing and left. It might have changed a lot since I've been gone; but, my decisions are generally final.

Here's a sketch of my PS characters I did this school year to make this post interesting. Heh, it's been so long that I've forgotten the name of my Klyros character! (bad quality sorry!)

Now that's all done, here are some words from my characters:
Tinwei appears to be arranging all her fine weaponry in random patterns. She looks up from her work with a sad look on her face. "Ya know, endin' someone's story by makin' em stay in da luybrary for da rest of 'ere life is very tragic." Tinwei suddenly changes her mood and plants herself on her feet with a smile. "But it's fun ta meet new people!"
Suati gives a sly smile and shakes her head at the Nolthir girl's sudden mood swing. She taps her paw on the head of the drum. "At least you have an ending young one," Suati says in her mutelike voice. "My story simply stops, with no record of what happened to me!" She closes her eyes and lets her ears that cannot hear twitch to the somber beat of her drum.

bilbous

Re: By the gods, I feel old!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:03:25 am »
590MB is not really much larger than it was a couple years ago, smaller than your average movie rip, but if you are not really interested in the new areas, new skills, and new graphics then you are not. All I can say is that it might occupy you for longer than said movie and you might be surprised at who is hanging round. This will let you see if anyone looks familiar. Of course some familiar faces might be hiding behind unfamiliar names...

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:30:55 am »
Using BitTorrent is not absolutely necessary. Once the HTTP mirrors are available (and our German ones are among the first, just a day after the torrent was available), you can as well download it with your usual web browser.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:30 am »
Heheheh... You feel old? I started playing PlaneShift back in 2005, when it was the 0.3 Crystal Blue release. Like you though, I stopped playing after a couple years. Re-downloading it a couple months ago, I was amazed at how far the game has come and I've once again become addicted. \\o//

Definitely worth another go!

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59:07 am »
OMG you noob!  :o wut are you doing here?!

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33:46 am »
590MB is not really much larger than it was a couple years ago, smaller than your average movie rip, but if you are not really interested in the new areas, new skills, and new graphics then you are not.

It seems what I said was misinterpreted. When I last played this game (around 5.2-5.3), my computer could barely handle the graphics. Every time I moved I experienced extreme lag. Especially with all the new areas being added, I don't think my drivers could take it. Size I could care less about. I can just trash a bunch of old things. Oh and by the way, I found the name "Poopbaggin" very amusing after I clicked that link.  :D

Once the HTTP mirrors are available (and our German ones are among the first, just a day after the torrent was available), you can as well download it with your usual web browser.

Germans ftw! Though I am bothered they got the link first :P

Heheheh... You feel old? I started playing PlaneShift back in 2005, when it was the 0.3 Crystal Blue release. Like you though, I stopped playing after a couple years. Re-downloading it a couple months ago, I was amazed at how far the game has come and I've once again become addicted. \\o//
Xirius

XD I admit I've been silently watching the game progress throughout the year, but it simply just isn't the game for me anymore. I love the setting and I love to roleplay; but, I've completely parted from this game.

OMG you noob!  :o wut are you doing here?!

What am I doing here??? What are YOU still doing here??? I get bored and I check on old stuff heh. Nice to see a name I know though. I've yet to find Geoni and Vayl among the interwebs...

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 04:54:36 pm »
vayl occasionally uses the irc channel and plays the game. geoni doesn't play anymore, but i can try to arrange a meeting between you guys.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
Talad banned geoni from the forums a long while back, soooooooo......
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 01:07:56 am »
shut yo mouth, boooii! *bitchslaps earowo* we don't talk about dem thangs round here!

and yo sig is ridikulus.

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:06 pm »
vayl occasionally uses the irc channel and plays the game. geoni doesn't play anymore, but i can try to arrange a meeting between you guys.

She should use the forum pm again :P And no worries, I'm already in touch with Geoni :)

Talad banned geoni from the forums a long while back, soooooooo......

Heh, knew that already :P And thanks for that Sarras XD

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 09:47:28 am »
Hi! Welcome back!

I started in May 2005, I've been in and out since then.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 04:44:28 am »
Hi! Welcome back!

<3
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »
Hi! Welcome back!

<3

<3
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 07:33:21 pm »
1st sep 2005 here and i'm still poping in not as frequent as before but i'm around, never really taken a brake from ps, not a long one anyway :P

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:54 am »
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place