Author Topic: Official PSWIKI  (Read 21151 times)

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
Re: Official PSWIKI
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 01:08:19 pm »
It seems to be down at the moment, but I did some work on the Wiki yesterday, expanding the Lexicon and Creatures section mainly.  I also started a Society category.  However, there are some critters I haven't encountered in game for which there is no info.  If anyone has the in-game descriptions for those critters, or screenshots, you should add them to the wiki.

http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 01:26:53 pm »
have you checked the books ingame for info about the npcs?

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 02:59:45 pm »
I have in fact.  For instance, the in-game Clacker book provided info on the Jade Clacker, which wasn't in the Wiki yet, so I added it.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 03:03:40 pm »
Keep in mind that the wiki is supposed to be a player's guide, like the one you get with your PS install, not a spoiler list.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 05:23:09 pm »
Keep in mind that the wiki is supposed to be a player's guide, like the one you get with your PS install, not a spoiler list.

Right so all spoilers get removed from the wiki as it is an official source of information.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 06:13:31 pm »
I send a message on on the prospects IRC channel when I started making changes, to make sure that everyone was okay with them, and I've been trying to avoid anything related to any quests or spoilers.

If two of the three types of Clackers are currently in the Wiki, and the third is mentioned in an in-game book that doesn't require a quest to get to, I assume that shouldn't be considered spoiler material.  A lot of the changes I made were cosmetic.  There were typos and inconsistencies in how things were laid out and spelled in certain areas.  The Creatures page inconsistently used a template for individual creatures, some of which had their own pages, and others didn't.  Know they all have their own page, they all use the same template, and the main Creatures page pulls in the individual pages.  Update the Clacker page, and it automatically updates what is displayed on the main Creatures page.

And some of the stuff I added, like lexicon terms, and the addition of Ochtarchs and Vigesimi pages, are stuff taken from the Player's Guide.

If someone decides that something I posted crosses a spoiler-boundary, then it will be deleted.  But I have been trying to stay within the realm of general information in line with the Player's Guide.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 06:16:57 pm »
Keep in mind that just because you see a "creature" ingame, that does not mean it is a "creature" according to settings, glads, thugs and other such npcs should not be included in that catagory. Also telling people where to find locations like the sewers are spoilers, this includes where to find npcs.

[edit]

also last i spoke to xillix he did not want his prospects working on the wiki, but to work on their tasks to that they dont post info they should not, and use their time more wisely.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 06:21:56 pm »
Those creatures were there previously.  Wikis keep every revision of every change.  You can see what the page looked like before I touched it with two or three clicks.  It will also show each specific change.

And I mentioned to Xillix the wiki edits, to which he had no problem.  In the mean time, I was trying to be productive and helpful, which you seem to take offense at, at every turn.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:23:02 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 06:24:30 pm »
no i dont take offence, unless i see issue, and this amount of edits is not needed, for that matter i think a lot of the info you have added is not really needed. a basic players guide is more then enough to have on this wiki. info about each town and npc/pc is not really needed we have resources ingame to get that info.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 06:26:10 pm »
I'm not implying your additions are spoiler, I'm implying that PSWiki is a player's guide for an MMO and is intentionally small because it all has to be printable.  Consider the instruction manual for Super Mario World; obviously it's not going to picture every creature in the game, but it must explain how to play it.  I went back through the recent changes and it looks like many of them could be more suitable for Talad's tabletop RPG wiki if he ever brings that back.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2009, 09:15:32 am »
I made a html backup of the Wiki if anyone is interested : Here
Not even sure if im permitted to =P

Updated at the date of 14th January 09
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 09:37:59 am »
From the OP
From now you are allowed, no called on to edit the Quickguide, the Players Guide, the FAQ and the ingame help directly in this wiki.
The goal is to improve those documents. To make the quickguide even quicker, Players Guide more thorough and better, the FAQ more complete and up to date, and finally the ingame help to include everything a player might ask while keeping it as simple as possible

Trying not to be picky but I dont see any mention of a printed guide nor any implication that that is what the wiki is for, in fact if thats the case then all the language info needs deleting
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:44 am »
since it is a wiki for planeshift kerol and the settings team as well as vengeance and the engine team had requested more info to be added so that it could be reviewed by the correct team and to make it easier to access/edit. Also those other sections are not part of the offical guide in the wiki they are seperate sub projects.