Poll

Which mods would you like to see ingame?

11 (8%)
9 (6.5%)
7 (5.1%)
7 (5.1%)
12 (8.7%)
4 (2.9%)
10 (7.2%)
19 (13.8%)
13 (9.4%)
7 (5.1%)
15 (10.9%)
6 (4.3%)
15 (10.9%)
I dont care one way or the other
3 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: February 20, 2009, 04:09:44 pm

Author Topic: GUI mods  (Read 630 times)

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
GUI mods
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:09:44 pm »
Please cast your vote for which gui mods you would like to see on laanx. I am not guaranteeing that any of these will get ingame soon but it will give the devs an idea of what you as players would like to see.

the mods that are in this poll are ones that work on all 3 current gui skins and dont require new art or code changes to make them work. Also all mods included work by default with no features being disabled by using them.

You can ONLY vote for up to 9 options
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:12:10 pm by Caarrie »

Prolix

Re: GUI mods
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:41:21 pm »
I think it would be nice if the exchange window had a inventory pane so that you have shorter space to drag and fewer windows to manage. Possibly the tall thin one with a scroll bar so it does not extend the window and independently scrollable from the rest of the window so that the exchange boxes remain visible at all times.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:44:05 pm »
That would require a change in the C++ source code; this thread is only about changing the XML files.

One and only tanner

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The internet makes you stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »
ha i use most of those mods anyway ^^

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:13:23 pm »
I really like Arerano's chat window and Caarrie's small glyph window. I hope they make it. :)

Bovek Pelequn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 12:37:57 am »
Personal preferences:

The smaller the better, as long as it's legible.  Cup and Dagger is not the easiest to read, so I've replaced it in several windows.  Too often the background skin is such that text disappears in the pattern of it, especially those with light & dark swirls, where whole ranges of color blendinto some part of it or another.  I've changed a couple of mine to the plain background for this reason.

Tall & thin is better than a wide box, as they lend themselves to docking as a sidebar more easily and are less obstructive.

Where there is text to be read, as in descriptions, too narrow and the wrapping gets ugly and harder to read, so a layout that allows for description boxes to show a bit more by being wider and less scrolling is perferable than narrow-as-a-news-column and miles of scrolling.

Wherever practical, resizable is generally preferred than fixed if the widgets will scale with the window.

Prolix

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 12:57:56 am »
Slightly off topic but related to the previous post. i had a few instances of the game open at less than 800x600 and the inventory screen was larger than the game window.

Do any of these mods optimize for smaller screen sizes?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:30:21 pm by Prolix »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 07:33:43 am »
Do any of these mods optimize for smaller screen sizes?
check http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?board=61.0 for all the sources