Author Topic: Locking Up  (Read 464 times)

Milehikittie

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Locking Up
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:06:00 pm »
Hello. I am not very technical, but I was able to get through the tutorial and when I finished the last quest, the game locked up and stopped responding. Now When I try to log in it gets to the login screen and locks up. I don't get any error messages, it just locks up. I have to ctrl/alt/delete to get it shut down. I apologize in advance because as I said, I'm not very techinical. Maybe this game isn't for me if it requires a degree in coding....  ???

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Locking Up
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:10:18 pm »
system stats?

Milehikittie

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:11:05 pm »
Not sure exactly what my stats are. I know there is something you can run that tells you that, but I don't remember how to run it.

I am now getting error messages that I don't understand.

I uninstalled this game. I'm assuming that you can't just be a normal computer user to play this game, you have to be a techie. I was really excited about this game and the roleplaying aspect and the whole idea behind it, but it's too complicated for the average joe. Maybe when the bugs are fixed and it's more streamlined I'll look into it.

I have beta-tested games before but it was easier to report bugs and to troubleshoot problems.

Sorry PlaneShift, you had me until now....

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:35:57 pm by Milehikittie »

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:25 pm »
You don't have to have a bunch of technical knowledge to play the game.

As far as system stats, what operating system are you running?  Is it XP, Vista, Mac, Linux?

Do you know what video card you have?  Have you updated your video drivers?

I can help you locate your video card and update the drivers, but it depends on what operating system you're running.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."