Author Topic: updating code for Ubuntu 8.1 x64  (Read 413 times)

Muzencab

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
updating code for Ubuntu 8.1 x64
« on: March 22, 2009, 04:11:41 pm »
I need to be in root. Ok cool. What code do I use. I have read/write on all 3 things. But what code/command do I use in the terminal? sudo ./psupdat/(file location)???

please help.

Debci

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: updating code for Ubuntu 8.1 x64
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 04:14:22 pm »
you need use svn update in the folder of planeshift code, (cd yourplaneshiftfolderroutehere and after svn update)

regards

Muzencab

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:17:13 pm »
Got it, just went to home then opened opt, then opened planeshit, then double clicked the update (the icon with the small box in it).

Looks like Im up to date.

Thanks for the help. Im always learning. Maybe I can eventually contribute to this game, even if its only doing skins or whatnot.

M
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:25:57 pm by Muzencab »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 05:03:33 pm »
what do you mean "update code for Ubuntu 8.1 x64"? The code by default runs on 64 and 32 bit linux operating systems with no changes. Also if you apply the permission fix in the installer it will make it so that you should not need to run the updater in sudo.

It looks like you wanted to "check if my client is up to date" not update the code for anything. also if you have installed in your home folder you DONT need to run anything as root, also it is not a good idea to run apps as root unless you know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:05:37 pm by Caarrie »