Author Topic: Passing Friends, Gone but never forgotten.  (Read 681 times)

Rirenil Masdo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Passing Friends, Gone but never forgotten.
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:02:31 am »
Erm, hello all.  I'm not one normally of the forum type, but with the server being down for upgrades and me with my summer vacation and all, I decided to put all this free time towards something I really don't know anything about.  I was originally going to ask Lady Zorbels to commission this for me, but it seems she is quite busy and all, so I figured it was time enough that I learn how to do something artsy.  Heh, took me a few hours but then again this MS Paint program isn't very high tech.  (All I had to work with I'm affraid)  Anyways, I think in the end it turn out well.  I'm sure most people around here, well, more likely the older ones, have made friends that have left the game for one reason or another.  This is my little tribute to one of my dearest friends.  Don't be shy, feel free to add your own tributes as well.  The more the merrier I say.  :)

I've had this idea in my head for almost 7 months now, feels good to finally get it done.  Here's two versions of it, let me know what you think.

"Jekkar really is Planeshift's very own Van Gogh - an iconoclastic rulebreaker, unheralded by his peers, who must await for history to recognise his talents at a later date." - Rinenud
"Jekkar is an old one-eared smelly elitist party-pooper jerkface."  - Neko K

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Passing Friends, Gone but never forgotten.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:58:10 am »
Very nice I hope you're friend get to see it some day :)
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

lanser

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • No Longer Mordraugion Settings AD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:28:17 pm »
Excellent and I prefer the first one :)
Hokinon Korere
Wandering Yliakum searching for lost memories...

Zinnius Zann
Right hand to a Queen

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:39:20 pm »
Quote from: Rirenil Masdo
I was originally going to ask Lady Zorbels to commission this for me, but it seems she is quite busy.

:'( I am sorry I was was busy. BUT I am glad because it looks like you did a wonderful job o your own. :D I agree with Lanser, I like the first one most. Though they are both good poems. Thanks for sharing.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 03:09:47 pm »
You can go into options to turn off the labels (name tags).  It makes for better screenshots in certain situations.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Rirenil Masdo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 07:13:29 pm »
Thanky all.  Yes, given my limited knowledge of this artsy stuff I think it turned out well.  The poem, meh, I'm not a poem type of person, but I think I had a little inspiration that night.

And thanks Zanzibar, I do know this now, but the screenshots were taken 7 monts ago, and well, I didn't exactly have a game to log into this past week to get a better one.  Ah well.  Thanks for all the support.  I'm thinking he'll see it eventually.
"Jekkar really is Planeshift's very own Van Gogh - an iconoclastic rulebreaker, unheralded by his peers, who must await for history to recognise his talents at a later date." - Rinenud
"Jekkar is an old one-eared smelly elitist party-pooper jerkface."  - Neko K

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 08:06:54 pm »
it's beautiful... mind if i give it to some people :)

great work and thanks for sharing
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

spyke01

• Hydlaa Resident
  • <? echo "oops"; ?>
    • View Profile
    • Fast Track Sites
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 10:58:37 pm »
Very nice, its not very often that you see new age poets rhyming, i think they just dont understand the need for it, or the feeling that rhyming imposes. i like the flow of the aabb and abab rhyme schemes, always have. This poem is very good, im sad that your friend had to leave.