Author Topic: Houses  (Read 1009 times)

krythonthegreat

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Houses
« on: January 31, 2003, 08:17:47 pm »
I dont know whats up with houses but i think they should be eaisly atainable and you would upgrade houses and that would be expensive but the inital first house would be cheep and be kind of like a bank in other games similar to this where you store valuables also there slould be a bank too for things that need safe keeping (this would help nomads who may not get houses or use them much)  also as im new to the fourms so i dont know much about houses id appretiate any info you have on them!

krythonthegreat

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 09:33:31 pm »
I kind of feal hurt inside... no one seems to care about what i think *Crying* incoherint whining .... all for nothing i cant belive you people.... awkward silence ... I havnt provoked any thought out of you?

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 10:08:55 pm »
meh, noone knows, cept maybe the team *looks around for the team *shrug*
Name: Frankuuu
Race: Dermorian Elf
Chosen Path: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Guild: N/A

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 11:03:35 pm »
Originally posted by krythonthegreat
I kind of feal hurt inside... no one seems to care about what i think *Crying* incoherint whining .... all for nothing i cant belive you people.... awkward silence ... I havnt provoked any thought out of you?

Your upset because noone commented on the thread after an hour?

It has already been said (in prior threads) that when/if housing goes in it will be :

A) Set locations (at least in the first phase)
B) Very Expensive
C) The first buildings may be restricted to just guild ownership

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 04:19:33 am »
It would be a LOT cooler if players could design houses from the ground.
First you should have to get a lot of lumber. Then you should build the floor (one piece at a time).
After that you build up the walls, and at last the roof.
This process would take like...4 hours for a small house. It would require \"house building\" skill, and many players should be able to cooperate to build a house.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 04:22:36 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

EstafanCortez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 07:10:27 pm »
I think (eventually) that houses should be availble to every player and that you dont just go buy a house. You should have to set up and make deals with building teams and everything then go in and discuss desings and every thing, after that you should be abel to store all your things in it.

Another idea for houses is, that with the threat of thievs and the such you need to be able  hire gaurds and gard dogs ect...

Grey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2003, 07:39:40 pm »
I think that property owning and house buying are great ways to show status and host a business, or even just a place to sleep.  There should be crappy houses or shacks out in the woods, and areas zoned to be good places to put houses.  Of course, all houses would/should/must be preapproved by the developers, because they are the ones that put the sprites up.  That would make a housebuilding skill much of a hassle, but the skills involved in gathering materials to put into the house would be cool.  I mean, you can just put a candelabra down in the game and have it be there, but if you show all the items to the person adding the house furnishings and give them a blueprint as to where it would be, that would be great.
\"All that seperates them from the shambling walk of the zombie are the quiet lies the Locust tells\" -Harlan Ellison

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 09:44:54 pm »
Well, it could go: (fees are ingame money, not real money)
Inns: You get a small room in a large building, and pay a small weekly fee.

Apartments: Multi-Room place in a large building, monthly fee, higher than Inns, lower then houses

Inner City Houses: Pre-Built, Multi Room, their own structure, high monthly fee.

Outside of City Houses: Need a builder to build, the bigger the house, the higher the cost, more dangerous to live in because theres a chance of enemies spawning around your house, but NO fees.

Barracks: a small castle type thing, VERY expensive, only can be made outside of city, safer then houses, but as said b4, VERY expensive.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 02:11:26 am by FMiddy »

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

EstafanCortez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 10:04:39 pm »
I like that  mostly but there needs to be a custom desgin house inside some citys, but the price would be jacked up

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 02:07:35 am »
well, custom houses can be done outside for the builder, so they can just have empty lots in the city, so you can chose from a pre-made house with no building fee, and a monthly rent, or one with a building fee, and a monthly rent, these rents are taxes, you know, property tax, that way, one person cant occupy a house forever if they don\'t constantly work for it, however thats why you dont have to pay for one outside of the city, because no property tax, because its not part of the city, but there are no premade houses out there, and as said before, its not as safe....

Edit: And I would restrict barracks to guilds only, dont want some HUGE amount of barracks sitting out there, it would ruin the feeling, so when you do see one your like, \"I dont wanna go near it\", Instead of it being tightly packed with rich players with their own barracks, I just want them to appear rare, and possibly frightening.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 02:11:59 am by FMiddy »

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 03:29:08 am »
I think that a \"house building\" skill is already included in the game.
In the \"create character\" section you can choose \"house building\" as a job.
I don\'t think that the developers should be involved in house-building. They have much more important things to attend to.
It would be easier to let the players take care of the house-building. Don\'t forget that the servers of PS is similar to the \"DIABLO ll\" servers, which means that the world may look different according to what server you have choosen to play from.
I agree that players should have to make deals with house building teams.
FMiddy, Inns isn\'t payed by a \"monthly fee\". Inns are like \"guest houses\" where you usually just spend a few days, so the fee should be daily, and it would be pretty expensive to live there.
You shouldn\'t be able to live at an inn, because there\'s a lot of players who\'s looking for a room for the night.

One of the great things about MMORPGs is that players can build up their own cities (at least in UO), make their own rules, build castles for kings and Queens to live in, build barracks for their soldiers and houses for their villiagers.
I want to see custom cities which have grown without the developers help. Guilds could build up their own kingdoms and perhaps even fight other kingdoms.
That is what I expect from a good MMORPG.

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 03:21:48 pm »
Ya, your right about the Inns thing, it was pretty late when I wrote that I think, so I wasnt thinking clearly, and as for the rest you said, very good, as usual. But can custom cities be done?

rathma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
houses
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 04:49:09 pm »
I think it would be cool if you could build your house like the sims, cause in that game you can build it however you like it instead of having everyones houses in planeshift identical. And is there loans in the game? Maybe you can set how much miney you want and when you will pay it and if you don\'t reach the deadline you get jailed lol.

Pegasus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 04:54:02 am »
Custom cities would for sure be cool but i think it would be better if only a lot of people together could build an entire city.

I played a game a few months ago where (practically) every player could lay a flagstone for his own city - you should have seen how crowded the map was within a few days.

The idea that you need to carry building materials to the place where you build your house and then construct it by hand is really nice.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 05:12:16 am »
Well, as a player you should only be able to have one shop and one house to call your own (of course you should be able to construct buildings for other people as well, for money or as a gift), but you shouldn\'t be able to build a whole town of houses and shops just for your own purpose.
Of course there should be custom towns, but they should be crowded with people and not with houses that a PC created just to improve his skill.
The building skill should include many other things than houses, like siege-weapons, ladders, guild-banners etc.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 05:17:57 am by Fanomatic2000 »