Author Topic: Burp and Fart  (Read 3726 times)

Azmodea

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Burp and Fart
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 02:27:43 pm »
....  :devil: And after all try to imagine, "Burp Tournament at Brado's", etc etc..  ;D

hmm, may i suggest to do the farting tournament at Harnquists furnace then ;)

Kind of a last man standing tourney :devil:

dying_inside

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 03:36:46 am »
Oh boy how fun!  :thumbdown:

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 12:23:08 am »
Well, I guess if your going to have your character as an annoying snot-bag, you need the associated emotes.  It takes all people to make a world turn after all.  I can even see it now: belching contests in the tavern, people farting in the streets to tell others to f##! off, rather interesting displays of affections, among other things!  One is only limited by their imagination.

Of course it should read "Snot-Bag farts around ThisPerson" as opposed to "Snot-Bag farts on ThisPerson."

How about "Everyone adds Snot-Bag to their ignore list."?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Unnamed_Source

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 11:29:43 pm »
Instead of a mote, this should be an auto result of eating and drinking. Now granted we don't need to eat or drink now. but in the future,when we do, having a beer will result in an inadvertent burp or having food give you gas, so you stink up the joint every once  In a while. Life is like that , when we try to fart with out the help of certain foods we usually end up blasting a brown rug burn in our tighty whities. We should have that ability here, but rather like life, what ever pleasures you take on, you deal with their consequences. Heck, I would love to see one day characters gain weight, like that Xbox game Fable. Imagine a fat Cat or a lumpy Smurf wobbling towards you. But for now i would setting with a fart after eating a pie or two, mind you not under my control just a random and hidden countdown to the explosion.

Towards that end, I think Farts should have a detrimental effect on those around ground zero, including the bombardier. There should be a temporary stat loss and and even frequent falls(rest) till the DMZ is is reached, at which time the victims instantly recover. Entering such a hot zone should be given a warning of the stench and their characters automatically yelling out loud the equivalent of "EeeeWwuuU POOPY!", "Someone light a MATCH!!", "What crawled up you ARSE and died!?!", etc. Like the ambient sound, there should be a chorus of flatulence in the sounds score, to give those around a warning of the invisible stalker emanating from the guy that just took off running. Except for the Silent but Deadlys, but that's a given.

I mean really, if we give control to the player and make it a simple text blurb, it looses all meaning and just results as more spam to be ignored. But take out of the players control, a random event and give them the decent BAD vibs they merit and you got a memorable and fascinating aspect of the game.

But this is as far as I would take it, working outhouses is not something I would like to see in the game.

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 09:59:45 am »
I'd rather see the PS Devs put their efforts towards things other than fart mechanics.
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 10:55:49 am »
I'd rather see the PS Devs put their efforts towards things other than fart mechanics.

Hear, hear.

Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 11:47:42 am »
I don't see so much funny on such unpleasant things, but perhaps making low agility characters as clumsy that randomly trip off things and people might have a much more humorous appeal, but I agree there are infinitely more important things to work on, because Planeshift isn't intended to be a non-serious game filled with jokes, specially in the cased of the overtly stupid and cliché ones involving burping and farting.

Okim

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 08:59:12 am »

Hear, hear.
I agree, but it doesn't hurt to discuss potential features for future releases.

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 01:46:41 pm »
Heh... this discussion seems like that one on tobacco, only that it had this reply from a dev:

Quote from: Vengeance
/me starts imagining mad sponsorship money from Marlboro and Winston....

\"OK we\'ll do it!\"

:P, anyway... I read the name and it made me think "GTA". Farting is a bit... not realistic for what the game has? Characters don't use the bathroom so it's clear that their systems do not produce the necessary gases for farting. But honestly, unless the devs are thinking to add pigs and chickens, rotten food and the normal wastes of the human body in order to recreate the true medieval's street atmosphere, farting and burping will only create an annoyance that needs not to exist.

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire

Drackion

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »
I thought exactly the same thing, it just seems to GTA like. It's unecessary, and it just be annoying to those who want to play the game without any rude effects. If you want to fart or burp, you should use /me, if you really want in my opinion.

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 03:57:02 am »
I second the use of /me
After all the devs put it in so and its pretty dam universal.You can use it with fight,dates,work and anything else you have the imagination for.Oh and as anyone can clearly see this thread isnt going anywhere so can someone please lock it ?
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?