Author Topic: Recycling of looted weapons  (Read 550 times)

saladasalad

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Vivada - Band / Blog / Good People
Recycling of looted weapons
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »
I'm sure someone has thought of this before but I couldn't find anything:

Blacksmith NPC's should regularly craft weapons and their name should appear in the weapons description. The weapons would then be available to purchase from the smith or a merchant NPC. Occasionally, the crafter will produce a 'special' weapon (Enlightenment, Seduction, etc.) To keep the merchants stockpiles down, weapons could occasionally be 'sold' to lootable NPC's (rogues, etc.), these weapons could then be looted by player characters. Once sold to an NPC, the same weapons would then be available to buy from a merchant NPC at an inflated price. This would remove the rp problem of weapons magically appearing on dead NPC's and then disappearing when sold to an NPC.
Artisian Hooke  -  Guild Elder in The Organisation.
Alumolo Genare.
Divire Dighur.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Vivada - Band / Blog / Good People

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Re: Recycling of looted weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:53:51 am »
Selling powerfull weapons to NPC baddies for top tria? Now that, I like. Add in a minus law faction for each transaction and that would be a winner.

bilbous

Re: Recycling of looted weapons
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:05:45 pm »
That would make room for an RP arms dealer player to filter through so that "good" players do not need to sully their reputation by selling to "bad" npcs, sell to the player middleman and avoid the faction loss.